• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Higher Oil Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher Oil Prices

Guess what? Gas and oil prices are goin up, way up. Why??? Who's gonna pay for the mess in the Gulf of Mehicoo? Do you think the oilees will reach out and screw the consummers again? Yu bettcha they wil,cause each and every day this desaster grows, it costs you an me, more and more. Butt thats greed fer yeah, nose no boundrys!!!!

Bring on the higher oil prices! Seems to me that is when we see higher prices for our commodities as well.

Comment

Keep pouting burbot, as your beloved board grains tank and canola goes up with oil

Comment

Burbert - do you have a car or truck? If the answer is yes, then you are just as guilty as every other person (in the world) driving up demand and one word comes to mind..hypocrite! If you don't, you are not on the same roller coaster as most of us and although I may not follow in you path, I respect your decision.

Comment

No blow out preventer (bop) and the consumer is supposed to pay for this mess.

They could have bought 2 bop and installed them with the hope that one would have worked and it still would have only cost a fraction of what this mess is going to cost.

Seems idiotic that they can build a dome in a week and a half to cover the wellhead - why didn't they do that before they started the well in the first place.

Its really annoying to hear high paid executives and their 20/20 hindsight to fixing problems.

And I don't believe this is going to help any other commodity this time around.

Comment

crude prices dropping hard yesterday and today! barely $80.00 now. because of the econemies of Europe / PIIGS. CAN$ droping hard due to lower crude values and investers turning to US$ for safety from europe. (ha, ha) gasoline might be up due to refinery fire in Texas.

Comment

Some good comments above. Price of oil goes up -
              price of gasoline (diesel, etc) goes up even more!
              We are told that's because the price of oil went up.
              Price of oil goes down - gasoline likes to stay up!
              We are told it is because of a shortage of refinery
              capacity. What a pile of BS!
              Dose anyone know how gasoline prices are set at
              the wholesale level? What little I could find out
              suggests that Western Canadian prices are settled
              on an exchange basis Fargo, North Dakota with
              transportation costs piled on top. Which would
              explain why some of the highest gas prices in
              Alberta are in Sherwood Park right across the road
              from the refinery. Sucks in the Peace Country too!.
              We should be screaming bloody murder but find a
              Politician who'll support you - they are hooked on
              the tax revenue stream like an addict who shoots
              up his veins! My gasoline rant for today!
              Rockpile

Comment

There is a great difference between how an oil producer and a grain producer think and operate. One will limit, or shut in its producing properties, and push back plans when a price downturn occurs. The other will produce more, and take additional trips to the lake!

Comment

How many hands are in control of oil production worldwide?

How many hands are involved in grain production worldwide?

Ah, the beauty of a cartel . . .

Comment

Oil is our friend guys, new reality when oil is up $1 its money in the bank for us. you dont want to know what grain and Oilseed prices would be at if Oil was under $50. $1 an acre increase in fuel price probably means $5 bucks an acre back to us in commodity prices. Pulled that number out of ther air but I do believe it is significant right now.

Comment

All commodities everywhere are priced in us dollars.

The usdx is showing short term strength.

The only reason it is,is because it is the cutest of all
                      the ugly chicks at the dance at the moment.

When the reality of obamanation is running geometric
                      growth deficits the it will hit the fan.

Comment

Wow, what a happy bunch of guys/gals! Oh well, I guess its Spring and farmers are just plain happy. Disaster or no disaster, doesn't matter. We's got lots ta do, a short time to do it. Who cares about economics. Just do it. Worry about tings later. Thats the farmer philosopy all right. F@#k low priced grain, high priced inputs, we gotta havem, neighbour uses them soos I kin afford them toooooo. Taxes are done, time to play in the dirt.... Sonds like trips to the lake is all we kin afford agin tis year. After all wes loves fishin anyawys....

Comment

Did a rock fall out of the bridge and hit someone on the head again?

Comment

Is anyone else getting a head ache over how the world financial markets are working?

Chaos seems to reign supreme....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...