• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This the Deal You Want?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This the Deal You Want?

[URL="http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/hot/trade/deal/"]Behind Door Number____?[/URL]

I heard this on the radio today.

gotta love the unlimited funds that the Board have to tell us what to think

Comment

Charlie,

This is VERY annoying.

It is blatant promotion of the 'single desk'.

Were the CWB told to stop wasting my money... on these deceptions? Did I miss something... or did the Federal Court of Appeal ruling mean nothing to the CWB?

Comment

but Tom they talk of Loan Guarantees, "no" mention of the single desk.
        Implied but not stated.

Comment

Someone correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it the liberals that gave away the initial price guarantees?

Comment

gustg,

"Your single-desk marketing structure for wheat and barley will be eliminated by 2013. You will not be consulted.

Why is this happening?
            The United States and European Union are using the WTO to try to dictate the marketing structure for western Canadian wheat and barley. They want to eliminate your democratic right, as western Canadian farmers, to make your own decisions about the future of the CWB single desk. They want to impose their own ideas about how western Canadian grain should be marketed.

The U.S. believes the single desk gives western Canadian wheat and barley producers an unfair trading advantage. It has been targeting the single desk since the start of free trade in 1989.

The U.S. has launched 14 formal trade challenges of the single desk. Not one succeeded. Not one showed that the single desk distorts trade.

It has been official U.S. policy since 2002 to use the WTO as part of a plan to eliminate the single desk for western Canadian wheat and barley."

I see the 'Single desk' stated in each one of these points.

The implied rhetoric is that my farm and family will be damaged and badly hurt... if we lost the 'single desk'.

If the initial and low cost interest are gone... then there is every reason to dump the 'single desk' . I agree... the Liberals recked the CWB in 1998 with the CWB Act changes.... many of which stopped needed change for over a decade.

Goodale did not listen to the most important reforms the 'Western Grain Marketing Panel' got consensus to change.

We lost $billions in the western CDN grain sector... because of the Goodale games with the CWB.

There are many co-op marketing structures... NOW, with NO SIngle DESK... that operate with government of Canada backed pools of financing.

If the CWB had any scruples... they would be sharing how good the opportunities are; do the transition work... and voluntarily institute real market reform.

Instead this is about politics instead of long term provision and progressive leadership to build a better CWB institution.

The CWB needs to show a concise plan of how they are going to compete... enlarge marketing benefits and options in the future... and better serve our farms!

Implementation of changes could have been already finished without one change to the CWB Act.

Very sad indeed.

Comment

To be fair the CWB should have given a door that says "GET RID OF THE CWB". So instead I filled out their "Take Action Email Form" my own way (hope they get the picture). In the NAME field I put Abolish the CWB. In the EMAIL field I put Abolish.the.CWB@kill.the.CWB The rest of the form does not matter. Since the survey is a joke and simply a stupid idea by the CWB, I thought I would try this. Man, does the CWB get me pissed off.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...