• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it too wet in places?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too wet in places?

A link to the 5" flood in Humboldt a week ago. http://www.itvhumboldt.com/ .Watch the videos. Melfort got 3". The wet area includes west of Archerwill. Any one else flooded? What extremes we are seeing. Way too wet riding the fields with a quad yesterday. We need 2 weeks of drying!

I surprised myself and drove out in my sprayed sod field today, and moisture is soaking away well, but the grainland is quite wet. I do have hope when the weather is a nice as it were today though!!! I'm surprised how well the 2 inches soaked away. Come to think of it, it ran off, so that explains things.

Comment

Heavy harrowed today, covered 99% of the feilds we were in. Without the last rain we were F$%#%ed!! Never on April 18th have we gone through the low spots we did today - ever!! 2002 was close. The recent moisture only bought us some time, thats it! In wetter springs, some of this land could not be seen(literaly) until June. Just a heads up to all the moisture recieved in the west, it was welcome but no bin buster. It just shows how dry we realy were up to this point.

Comment

That's how extreme our situations are. Water runs are full, drainage works will flow for weeks yet. Every little dip is mud or water. Wish we could go corner to corner for a change. Hope it stays warm at least, maybe in a week, harrow or fertilize.

Comment

I believe so, working on making a new garden site, the Cat80 sc****r only half full made some serious ruts yet couple days ago. Thinking no sooner than may 1 here. Should be seeing weed growth this year for sure.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...