• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pairs values?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pairs values?

Has anyone seen any pairs sold recently - particularly ones with calves too young to wean? I was offered some young dispersal cows with April/May calves for $900 and am thinking that might be quite a good deal? Any opinions?

There was a sale at Highwood in mid August that brought 875 to 1050. Do you keep any of your own Hfs or are you avoiding the hfr program? I like to raise my own as they are already adapted to my management and environment.

Comment

No Per I keep all my replacement heifers as we work to expand the purebred herd. This is more looking at opportunities to make money on the side out of the drought affected commodity market. We have finished up with a big supply of feed in my immediate area, plus I am in good shape for winter grazing so am looking at the alternatives.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...