• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFA Scotiabank

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to know how far the legal process can go astray. It is possible that there are pitfalls in our system that this book may warn us about.

Guess I'll never really knowunless I read the book.

Comment

I think this book is only going to put the
      Thatcher kids and likely grand chidren into
      the media glare once again.

Comment

checking, Not only was Milgard's mother with him throughout court sessions for years and years. but she essentially worked to get evidence that finally proved him not guilty. A hard task indeed, since both of them were then, and obviously still are, branded villains.

You speak of her as if she should have anticipated he would be wrongly charged and convicted.He's not the guilty one here, nor is she.

I note you didn't ask where the mother of the man was who did the actual killing. Nor did you ask about a father. No you did not. Pars

Comment

Only said mother because as has been pointed out, "men are not human". You know I wasn't talking about Joyce Milgard going to the mat for her child, after the fact. There were alot of growing up years before any of this happened. Anyways, I'm too tired to spate. You have a good harvest.

Comment

It is nice to know that we are not alone, isn't it!

I noticed this week, in the "Co-op" flyer, that they take "Interac", "Visa", "Mastercard", "American Express" and "Agricard", (and of course cash), as payment options.

I also noticed how FCC "Term Loan Finance Program" and "Agriculture Supplies Finance Program" are being made available through participating Co-ops.

I had never heard of "Agricard" before. (www.agricard.coop)

I don't expect it will be too long before the "lines of credit" for agriculture purchases become concentrated in a very few hands. Sure makes you want to do more business via cash or cheque (where allowed)....

As the credit becomes more concentrated and controlled by fewer corporations, the debt load each farmer holds will also concentrate. Any and all debt/liability owing, where-ever and however obtained, it won't matter. The bottom line will be who holds your line of credit? And who is capable of buying it? ?Foreign interests?

Comment

NO...I don't like any thing that I have seen or heard of Colin Thatcher and see no reason to let him profit from his crime.

Comment

I was glad to see that a couple of other people actually read the booklet and the letter and all the fine print on the UFA thing. The fact that my letter says 'unsecured' on it did little to ease my concern about the 'mortgage' type wording in the booklet. There is no way I am signing a blanket thing like that that does not specifically spell out what could or could not be held if I was not able to pay a bill completely. I do use Scotia Bank for my farm banking, however, since I long ago paid off the mortgage on my place, I have no desire--none whatsoever to have someone sneak in the back door and attempt to mortgage my land, cattle or production. I liked UFA a lot better when they were not being run by the Walmart types. I see the UFA now owns a clothing store of some sort too--sporting goods if I recall correctly. Seems to me they might be spreading themselves a little thin with all the company buy-ups they are doing. Besides, by putting my purchases on my Visa I will get more 'points' and get to treat myself to something in the 'rewards' book that I would normally not spend my hard-earned money on--that's my theory anyway.

Comment

Had a 30'. The knife drive gave trouble. Bearings in crank arm. Guards and sections wore quickly. Canvases ran goofy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...