• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFA Scotiabank

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFA Scotiabank

Kathy, thanks for bringing this to peoples attention. You had me going pretty good for a couple of days. My local UFA manager claimed I was the only one whom even asked a single question regarding this credit app. He couldn't explain all the legal jargon. My banker did not have one other person question this either. Am I just paranoid? When I phoned the help line on the application form, the first person could not explain it. The second person was quite helpful and said that section 13 in the booklet should explain things. Yes, my application says unsecured and in section 13 of the book that means sections 14 through 16 do not apply. ie: general securities agreement. Interestingly, my banker had suggested that if the GSA did apply(secured loan) that by signing this application it could technically be used as an item to put you in default. Clear as mud, I love fine print. We feed the world and the fine print makes the money.

Not likely. Nothing simple about these sorts of things and there are never any winners.

Comment

NO. The guy is a jerk, innocent or guilty.

Comment

Yes, likely I will.

Comment

Koldcanuck-gotta ask the question -- Do you know him??

Comment

Just a little off topic, and who really cares!

Comment

I'd like to read his book, as I haven't heard his side of things without it first going through the 'media' filter.

Comment

what does this have to do with commodity marketing or are you trying to help his book sales?

Comment

Actually jensend, I was interested to hear AV'ers opinions about a fellow farmer, a rancher in this case, wondering how many would open their minds to hearing that which Thatcher still persists in as his truth along with additional information.

I broached the subject because Colin Thatcher was/is a fellow farmer, and quite often those in the same vocation are somewhat interested in each other, and no, I have nothing to do with his book sales.

If the topic is too sensitive for you, jensend, click on your mouse. I trust you are able. Pars

Comment

sorry i guess the connection to marketing was just too subtle. lol!

Comment

David Milgard had few to turn to, for support. His mother.

If you were innocent of a crime, jensend, perhaps you would look to and hope the farm community would support you. Agrivuille is a place where farmers can discuss issues with each other.

A farmer who still claims, after being jailed for 22 years, that he is innocent, should be a able to read a receptive word somehere on the net, and especially amongst his own.

And AV is a farm forum. Surely it is a place where men are indeed men. Pars

Comment

Yes, I'll read it.

Comment

AAAANNNNDDD......what if you want to kill your old lady and get away with it someday-i would say this would be "required reading" material.

A smart man learns from others mistakes

Comment

Well, posted this under the wrong thread, my
                            apologies, don't know how to edit it.
                            As I said, I always doubted Thatcher's guilt and I
                            would like to read his book. The crown prosecutor had
                            a rep for big mistakes.

Comment

Milgard was mentioned. Question - where was his mother when the young kid really needed her? I'll wait until Thacher's book is available in the public library. They may, however, decide not purchase any copies. In which case, if it's 40 minutes of reading and forever in a landfill, put it on e-bay, and I might buy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...