• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RealAgriculture: Anne Dunford on Cattle Markets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RealAgriculture: Anne Dunford on Cattle Markets

>

Thanks for the post Dale. doesn't that just grate you. Our fats despite a 90 cent dollar are trading for less than the US. That's about $150 less per steer than across the line

Comment

Is that the result of MCOOL?

Can we now start quantifying the cost per animal?

Once you can quantify the impact of policy, it should give the cattle associations something to discuss with Ottawa and the US trade people...

These are likely uninformed observations...

Joe

Comment

My short attention span and dialup have stopped me from watching the video, but I can imagine what is in it.

Our buyer told us that MCOOL costs at least five cents a pound right off the top. He also says that there are buyers in the U.S. that want our cattle, but that they just don't pay to feed right now because of all the extra costs. His contacts are waiting for either the market or the dollar to drop, so they can get some Canadian feeders.

I would sure hope it would be the dollar that would bring them on the market, because a lower market is the last thing we would need. It's below sustainable now!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...