• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banks

Have just been through some interesting times with financial institutions. Actually, the one we have been at for close to 40 years. They seemed to just want us gone. Fortunately we were able to arrange new financing with FCC, which I am happy to say actually understand and are empathic to agriculture. So everything moved from Scotiabank, loans, kid's accounts and credit cards. Would like to think this has some significance but not likely. Victoire.

FCC has been pretty ag friendly. We
    just switched everything and are VERY
    HAPPY (as happy as you can be when you
    owe a bunch of money).
    I see in the Seducer a couple of weeks
    ago the banks are after FCC, but they
    still don't seem to want to provide the
    support and flexibility for ag that they
    will for other capital intensive
    businesses.
    Ag has to be fairly low risk as the
    equity if pretty deep and most smaller
    producers will work at whatever it takes
    to make the payments.

Comment

We switched a long time ago, and have never regretted it.

Comment

in the midst of it ourselves, our local credit union seems to want nothing to do with young people or livestock. FCC gives a much different impression!

Comment

do you mind me asking how the rates are in comparison to the CU's?? thx..vs

Comment

they are competitive. Not as low as some
            of the beginning farmer type products with
            AFSC (Prime - 1.5) but a lot more flexible
            - interest only, readvancement of funds,
            etc.

Comment

We refinanced with FCC - they seem to want to support agriculture. Other banks are still licking their wounds on screw banking practices that caused the financial mess.

Comment

Think i am going to check out FCC this winter. My grain farm was and is in pretty good shape. Land loans way down, some loans at the end and could pay cash for putting in most of my crop. So thinking the time was right to make a couple of upgrades i went to see my banker. He wanted me to use some of my land for collateral for the reason I was high risk??? Changed his mind pretty fast after telling him the reasons why I thought he was incompetent and he could see I was going to move on. This rekindald a bad taste in my mouth from years ago when I had two bad years back to back when prices were poor. I was told maybe I should quit farming and goe to work. I only needed a normal year to be back in the black. That is why this post was interesting to me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...