• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vagabond fire

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vagabond fire

Vagabond Dreamer how is the fire situation? Last I heard you were surrounded.

yes...it was kinda dicy there for a while...the fire to the south was put under control in a couple days...the fire to the north changed direction and crews were able to control it...until it broke barriers and is now devastating a number of small communities on the west side of Okanagan lake...last i heard it was in the neighbourhood of 9000 Hectares...

there are a number of other fires in the Thompson/Okanagan area...i think at this time...there are around 3000 firefighters and related heli's/planes etc working at trying to get things under control...

the entire okanagan valley is shrouded in smoke and ash...combined with the intense heat wave we have been having..(39/40C)..it is very difficult for the cattle (and some people) to breathe...

we have been helping with livestock/horse evacs as much as possible but luckily to this point have only had to keep ours bunched on that portion of range furthest from the active fires...

very interesting year thats for sure...thanks for asking Per...vs

Comment

Take care!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...