• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stormy Weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stormy Weather

Not sure what everyone else is getting, but the clouds have been rolling in from the southwest all afternoon. The wind just started howling hard here 15 minutes ago, blowing debris and anything not tied down all over the yard. Looking forward to moisture, and at this point, it can come in any form.

I was listening to the chuckwagon races from Strathmore, and their feed from Les Mcintyre cut out, so Billy Melville had to call the race. You could barely hear him for the hail hitting the tin roof on their booth.

Just woke up to the news of the stage collapse in Camrose. Wow! How scary is that?

Many years ago we were out camping when one of those big wind shear storms hit. You would never believe it unless you saw it. The wind went from zero to about a hundred in less than a minute. There wasn't a tent left standing in the whole park, and huge trees were down all over the place.

I can't imagine what it would be like for something like that to happen at something like a music festival with all those people.

Comment

Friend of mine was at the festival with his family, said strangers were huddling around over his kids with him helping protect them from all the debris and hail the size of baseballs. Really impressed with the police and firefighters but he said the festival security disappeared into the arena for their own safety as the storm was rolling in and didn't reappear until well after it was over, in the meantime some of the elderly vendors were doing the security jobs directing people to safety and trying to organize help until the police and FD got there.

Comment

There will be a lot of second guessing on
        this tragedy. The information I received
        from a family friend that attended is that
        the security for the event were moving
        people into the main CRE building to
        shelter when the winds hit.
        It is a miracle there weren't more
        fatalities, and injuries given the crowds
        of people in the area.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread