• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hay greenfeed supplies

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hay greenfeed supplies

Whats everyones production looking like? Going to have enough, some, or none? We just wrote off a couple of fields so will have enough now!

No production here but we always buy in our requirements anyway. Just waiting patiently for Jack Frost to come along - I predict he is going to put a massive amount of feed on the market this fall. Not worth chasing hay anyway as there is next to none for sale and wouldn't be affordable anyway. We do have lots of grass though - should manage a <100 day feeding period as long as we don't get iced up snow cover early in the winter.

Comment

Alfalfa grass mix went a bale to the acre. Planted and extra quarter of swathgrazing and our ranch has great grass that should last until January. Hope the barley has enough straw for bunches and it looks OK. Also wrote a 1/4 of barley off that the yearlings are grazing so we can leave our pastures at the farm with some good cover. Should be here to try again next year. Way worse that 2002 here.

Comment

I have small squares and wrapped lg. round beautiful Alfalfa/Brome and have them listed in Sask Feed Listing site. No calls yet. I'm just East of Regina. Any ideas on price?

Comment

Hard to price your hay that distance away - I see hay advertised south of Winnipeg at $25-50 a bale. Also see hay in AB at High Level for $45 that could likely be trucked cheaper. Bales sold by a local colony at auction for $100 before trucking! Lots of guys asking 7-8c/lb for hay at home before trucking. Not worth looking at hay in my opinion this year as none of these options would pencil. All I can say is good luck to you and if I were in your shoes I'd get them sold ASAP. As far as I can see there are two scenarios here - we get a regular time first frost (not even an early one) and there will be a huge volume of feed on the market from the grain sector or if some miracle happens and we get no frost until October there will be a huge sell off of the cowherd. Hay prices of 7-8c/lb are not sustainable but if you can get someone to pay that much now go for it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...