• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Border Beef Roundup July 22-23

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Border Beef Roundup July 22-23

We all agree that things have to change and realize that no government has the silver bullet. There have been billions ear-marked but nothing has changed. Border Beef is hosting 13 different organizations in Lloydminster on July 22-23
    Agenda and contact information attached. It would be great to have your opinions expressed. Sean..you've already got yours articulated so I expect to see you there
    Border Beef Round-Up Agenda July 22-23,2009

Wednesday July 22,2009
    9:30 Registration Wild Rose Pavilion at the Lloydminster Exhibition Grounds
    10:00-12:00 Industry Analysis and plan forward
    Alberta Beef Producers Association
    Saskatchewan Cattleman’s Association
    Western Stock Growers Association
    Beef Initiative Group
    12:00 Lunch
    1-3:00 Industry Analysis and plan forward
    Alberta Cattle Feeder Association
    National Farmers Union
    Beef Industry Alliance
    3:00 Producer Input and all panel discussion
    Developing a consensus
    5:00 Cocktails
    6:00 Dinner and guest speaker ….Anne Anderson
    Opportunities for beef producers in Western Canada

Thursday, July 23,2009
    9:30 Registration Wild Rose Pavilion at the Lloydminster Exhibition Grounds
    10:00-12:00 Value chains problems and potential
    Natural Valley Farms
    Canada Gold
    Keystone (Manitoba)
    12:00 Lunch
    1-3:00 Plans for going forward
    Alberta Livestock Meat Agency
    Canadian Legacy Partners
    Border Beef Inc

Cost Wednesday session including lunch $20
    Wednesday Banquet $20
    Thursday session including lunch $20
    Full participation for all three… special rate $50

We need to know attendance by July 14,2009 for the caterers. Tickets can be picked up at the door.
    Phone Daryl 780-857-2179 David 306-397-2727
    Wyett 780-753-6490 Les 780-846-2689
    Kent 780-943-2141 Ralph 780-857-2402
    Gary 780-847-2445 or email (northvet@telusplanet.net)

Gary, how can we participate if we are unable to attend?
    Thanks
    Larry

Comment

Perfecho..We are taking written submissions/questions and reading them on your behalf at the workshop. You could email me those comments directly at northvet@telusplanet.net. Thanks for your interest

Comment

Thanks should also go to the organizers! This is a terrific idea.

Comment

WOW - I've been waiting a long time for a glimps of some hope for the beef industry. Maybe Just Maybe this is the begining? Here's some foundational principles that need to be agreed upon.
          1)Whereas there have been 100,000's of miles driven and more flown by our "best minds" in the beef industry; there have been thousands of logged hours of discussion and meetings by the "best minds" in the beef industry; the "highest level" with the best "collective wisdom" possible meetings have gone on "adnauseum"!
          TO WHAT END? The obvious question and the one being asked come July 22-23.
          The obvious result is a broken industry that will arguably never be the vibrant industry it once was, and the ones leading it to demise are still trying to "fix it". That leaves 2 options
          A) Fire or remove every one currently in the leadership of the various organizations, (that won't work) or..
          B) Everyone MUST get off their traditional hobbie horses, and start thinking outside the box.

Our God-given nature of independence has been been overtaken by greed and selfishness. (personal agendas)

Therefore the number 1 issue is:
          1)Collectively focus and commit to the solution that is focused on long term success.

#2) Take ownership of our product from conception to consumer creating a "Made in Canada" future.

But mark my words too many of the "old gard" leadership has been completely brainwashed by marrying their captors. Hence they either need to go through a divorce or stay home on July 22nd!

Comment

Sawbones....would you be able to tell me if BC Cattlemen's Assoc was invited?? if so...can you tell me what their response was?? This seems as though it might be an important impetus builder...thx..vs

Comment

WD40, Let's hope there are a spate of "quickie divorces" before the 22nd, lol, but I doubt it. Still should be interesting - just to have as many groups under one roof. We have a van load going to attend from my area - looking forward to it.

Comment

A redundant point -
                The only way to bring the beef industry back to viability is to take money off the existing table and put it back in producers pockets.

So the questions that begs an answer is
                1) Where is there money on the table, and
                2) How much money is on the table , and
                3) How do we get it off the table!

NOTE: That dosn't include Govt. support!

Comment

Is that the Keystone Agricultural Producers who are coming from Manitoba? Why not the Manitoba Cattle Producers? KAP is more of a general/crop related group, and if my memory is correct, MCPA has pulled out as a contributor.

I guess KAP would do an OK job, but MCPA would probably be more in the know about the details.

Comment

Hey thanks for the comments
                    WD 40..it would be great if you could present your ideas in person but if not, I will make certain they make it to the floor on your behalf.
                    vagabond..bothe the ranching task force and BC cattlemen's association were emailed but as of yet, I have not heard from either one of them
                    Kato..Both MCEC and MCPA were contacted via email with no response. Kelly from Keystone is giving up his time to come and make a presentation and I appreciate his effort
                    I'm disappointed with our local response but probably shouldn't be all that surprised as everyone is pretty beat up.
                    Here's a list of motels if anyone is planning on attending
                    1)Best Canadian Motor Inn 306-825-4400
                    2)Best Western(Wayside Inn)780-875-4404
                    3)Central Suite Hotel 780-875-8989
                    4)Ivanhoe Motel 780-875-5561
                    5)Ramada 780-871-6940
                    6)Tropical 780-875-7000
                    7)West Harvest Express 780-875-8884

Comment

Ahh.. That would be Kelly Penner from the new Keystone processing plant in Winnipeg. I thought you meant Keystone Agricultural Producers. That makes sense now.

Comment

Kato heard from Sheila at MCPA and they are trying to send a representative

Comment

Excellent!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...