• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Equipment Wanted.....Yes, I said it.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equipment Wanted.....Yes, I said it.

Believe it or not, I am looking for a tractor. Thought I would start by floating a little line across the waters of the Web, and see what bites. Nothing fancy, but basically I want to find the tractor that everyone wants - you know, been shedded every time it's not working, paint still shines, original tires are still 75% tread, runs like a top, that sort of thing.LOL

I'm looking between 80-120 hp, brand doesn't matter, preferably with 3-pt hitch and loader. The only thing I'm fussy about is the price. Do I sound like a farmer yet? LOL

E-mail works if you don't want to post it on here - pcstockfarm@yahoo.ca

Thanks gang.

With your type of creativity, 3pt is a must. There are a hundred odd and unusual things you can do with 3pt hitch. Get something new enough that you don't spend much time as a mechanic as well.

Comment

Creative? Who, me? Yeah, 3pt is pretty much a must for me. I think back to my reclamation days and all the toys one can put on a tractor. I've just come to the conclusion that I'm tired of borrowing, renting, or hiring neighbours' equipment. When I do, me AND them are always in a rush to get done with it and return it ASAP. The job doesn't get done right. With my own tractor I can take my time and seed any of my hair-brained wacked out mixes and varieties I want, when I want, and how I want.

Anybody have any experience with a White 2155? Just found one I should go look at.

Comment

I see a JD 4430 at an auction west of
        Vermilion Aug 18. Only 6000 hours. We
        sold one with 35,000 that was still
        running. They are a really tough
        tractor at about 125hp.
        The Whites (we had a 2-105) are ok
        tractors, not fancy though. Good
        engines in them and they don't burn a
        lot of fuel for the era. The clutch is
        not as tough as a JD and they a pretty
        long hooded and not as handy as some
        others. They also have less resale than
        a JD.

Comment

I have a 2-155, pretty big and heavy and not a particularly handy transmission. Much better suited to swathing, harrowing and that sort of thing. It has treated us well over the years for about 8000 hrs, in semi retirement now.

Comment

What auction would that be Sean? Do you know the auction company that's got it listed?

Comment

It is a Stewart Auction out of Vermilion.
              It is Mcmullen's.
              I think you can find it via
              stewartauctions.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...