• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Power of Positive Thinking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cswilson, where's your boy up this weekend? Travellin' all over Saskatchewan with that crew of bronc-busters?

Comment

".(And any others who found themselves offended, disgruntled, or burdened with feelings of loneliness or thoughts of rejection)"

Yeah, my feelers were hurt, you rotten bugger. Almost made me not wanna post. :P

Rod

Comment

I understand where you are coming from Randy, just stirring the pot with my contrary thinking trying to set some folks thinking. Somebody has to play devils advocate now that Cowman no longer graces these forums!

We planted over 10,000 trees in the late 90s in Scotland on our property, returning some formerly wooded areas to their original habitat. Oak, chesnut and ash for longterm woodland and spruce for a shelter belt component. This was under an environmental program so we were farming Government too - I think to the tune of 70% of cost if I remember right. Funnily enough the growth of these woodlots is something I'm a lot keener to see on a return trip than the farmland or the building developments.

I won't even comment on the fact your deer need tractor cut paths to travel along, lol

Comment

Thanks PC, yer forgiven...
          this time!
          I'd like to think that once in a while I'm more than just a pretty face, that there is something more in my head than air and that all the heartache I've had in my life can somehow contribute to the benefit of others. Even if only to provoke a chuckle now and again.
          Have a good day all and thanks for reading!

Comment

I like that "stirring the pot" definition grassfarmer. I would think that most of us on this board are like that rather than leaders who "expect" to be followed. Or at least I would like to say that that is the way I think.

I like the fact that Kato has reasons for using Char bulls and calving in the early spring, and Mr. Wilson is using the grid. We need to encourage diversity in this industry. Diversity and competition in every way possible. If we did not have Cargill setting the bar for the rest of us to jump or pole vault over - where would we be????? wink.

Talk about yer positives. Just made a trip down to Wood Mountain Saskatchewan and back. Incredible grass and great looking crops in almost every area. A bit on the dry side as you go further south but some obvious early season growth.

Comment

Yeah Me- Ty and my truck full of rodeo buddies have been going down the road pretty steady-he won Kerrobert last weekend and placed second in Sandy Lake this weekend. Heading to Medicine Hat 8/09-11 for Canadian Highschool Finals so should be fun. Just waiting on Pure Country to stop by as I speak.

Comment

Yesterday Mommy and Me was looking at the grass around here thinkin that some of it had gotten ahead of us and with all the heat, it was doing a fair bit of ripening and thus ending growth for the season. Then to our surprise we had a visit from a big black cloud that rained down these white frozen balls and knocked all the mature heads off the grass we were discussing. Knocked the heads off the thistles that were hiding in the grass as well. A little tough on Mommy's garden and flowers, but she even gave a bit of a forced smile when I asked how things were.

Some of our little presents were at least the size of a quarter and the pile at the back door of the house was about 4 inches deep. 8/10ths of moisture mind you.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...