• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA comments

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, but here's the catch. When you answer back to allegations like we have to, there are more people reading our responses than we will ever know.

There are lots of reasonable and intelligent cattlemen south of the border who have open enough minds to see both sides of an argument, and sift out the truth. They can actually see that some of these border and MCOOL shenanigans will affect them too.

They know that this obsession with Canada is diverting attention from the real problems in the cattle business. They see that while we are scrapping back and forth, the beef in Argentina is lining up for export. They know that as a united team, the North American cattle producers may be able to influence our futures. Divide us, and weaken us. Same old story, and we're falling into it again. We'd be more than willing to band together and tackle a lot of issues that affect us all, but no, that won't do. It's much more convenient to attack the next door neighbours according to the small band of litigators who like to think they represent the majority. The fact is that they do not represent the silent majority, just the vocal minority.

The silent majority are the people who's opinions count, and if OT wants to give us a platform to give our side of the story and inform as many people as possible about the true state of affairs, rather than just letting them read press releases from Montana, then so be it.

That's cool with me. (as opposed to MCOOL LOL)

Comment

Well!
      this is a fine kettle of fish stew we're in! isn't it. the border is about to open for brood stock to travel south & your all still pointing fingers who did what & when, get real all of you. time to start feeding like your supposed to cattle are grass eaters, not carnivorious as the feedc industery has tried to do since the 1970's because somone said it'd be cheaper, well wake up & get back to farming like your supposed to!

Comment

I take it you have never tried to feed an orphan calf in it's first few days with an all grass diet?

Comment

Reuters – Tuesday – July 10, 2007 – 5:10 p.m. EDT

Americans support use of meat-origin labeling: poll

By Christopher Doering

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. consumers overwhelmingly support stricter food labeling laws, with 92 percent of Americans wanting to know which country produced the food they are buying, a consumer magazine said on Tuesday.

Consumer Reports said recent food scares, including worries about peanut butter and lettuce, have made Americans more interested in knowing not only how their food was produced but where it was made.

Comment

I was reading thru the poll--An interesting point made is that the sentiment of strict/stricter labeling requirements was from across all demographic segments of the country...

Looks like our USDA/NCBA/AMI are completely out of touch with the US consumer...So probably is your ABP, CCA, CFIA, since they also follow the Packer goosestep....

Besides 92% wanting Country of Origin Labeling,

90% believe that Meat companies should be allowed to test for Mad Cow disease and to label the meat as such...

62% of consumers say they would choose the beef that is tested for Mad Cow if so labled....

89% want meat and dairy products from cloned animals labeled as such...

88% want to allow milk from cows raised without Synthetic Bovine Growth Hormone to be labeled as such.....

55% of the consumers said they would choose the Hormone free milk......

Also much more on the identifying of All Natural and the opposition to hormones, and overuse of antibiotics and pesticides.....

http://consumerist.com/consumer/white-noise/92-of-americans-want-country-of-origin-labels-on-food-277777.php

Comment

WillowCreek - Question though is the Consumer willing to PAY FOR THIS INFORMATION? The consumer poll is great but most times as soon as teh price has to go up to cover the reporting, or cost of production increases (re BGH) they will soon disregard their wants...
              How about yourself? Are you willing to pay another say 50 cents/bushel for grain (barley/wheat/whatever) to feed to your livestock, if it has the label, Seed developed, crop grown and processed in the USA? Not likely...

Comment

Or are you willing to pay another XXcents a gallon for your fuel, if it was labeled Product of the USA, Drilled for, processed and refined in the USA. That way you could really cut down on those imports and support the USA producers only...

Comment

I guess constructive critiscism isn't in Randy Kaiser's vocabulary-everybody who doesn't march in lockstep with you isn't necessary your enemy-I've ranched long enough to know that dead horses don't flog too well.

Comment

Your dead horse thing is getting pretty old too Cory. Do you truly think that the conventional cattle industry is just fine with two mutinational companies calling all of the shots? Like I said before - It is your perogative to read my post, however it is my perogative to challenge your so called "constructive critism". Thought I would give it a break for a while, but I guess I just can't. Bring it on Cory Wilson - I really don't think you have things figured out any better than I do. - And by the way - I do not have much of a "lockstep" following and don't really want one either. Think for yourself Cory Wilson - if things are just fine on your ranch - stay on your ranch and don't read my posts.

Comment

cattleman-- We in the US already have a law requiring all feed (barley, corn, hay, etc.) be IDed and tracked--
                      (thats how they knew the contaminated rice and wheat came from China)- so we are already paying the cost of it-- its just that the law doesn't require the retailer to pass that info on to the consumer- the same as with meat products....

But don't you worry your little head off about it-- the meat products part of that will definitely be changing next year- and consumers will be allowed an informed choice of what beef they want to eat--M-COOL...

Even some of the dumb politicians in D.C. can read the handwriting on the walls when they see poll numbers like 92%....LOL

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...