• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

b-s-e [beef save eating]

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again were held hostage in our own country.
    Montana latest quote 552 cash. or $672 CANADIAN or .37 cents a lb.

Comment

Could it be that the US tanks are rated for 250 PSI whereas ours need to be rated for 265 PSI?(in Sask, not sure of other provinces)

I wonder if the higher prices we pay for NH3 are due to the stringent regulations we must adhere to. ie. tanks tested every 5 years, etc.

Comment

I pay to have my tank inspected and checked every five years etc.
        Its simply highway robbery and were letting it happen.

Comment

Sksfrmr...actually found a Alberta trucking Co. that delivers gas Stateside from Coutts.Will be researching this week.Wondering ,if I had a bigger bottle could I take the hits here??.....Even with recreational trucking sounds like we could buy our gas back cheaper!!!!!Happy seeding!!

Comment

My dealer checks my tanks every year, places new sticker on them, no charge to me. His delivery trailer had to go to Winnipeg for its 5 year test this spring. I don't know how they test his storage bullet, but am sure I'm paying my share for all this testing.

Comment

The hose test that my dealer does on my hoses is really a bunch of ballony. They fill it with water and apply pressure and eyeball it for leaks. Why even bother???
              I will need new lines next year so will go the 1 inch instead of the 1 1/4 because much cheaper.

Comment

Heard one today

"Price of 82-0-0 so high farmers breaking into crack dens and stealing tanks"

Comment

probably the only way you can make fertilizer co.'s realize you really don't like being gouged is to cut purchases enough to hurt them. they own enough politicians that legislation ain't likely and so if you don't want to be screwed you have to refuse to play the game. so what's plan b?

Comment

Jensend I think you are wrong. The competition for producing fertilizer in western Canada has been lost. We are now priced at import prices, not domestic production prices.

Comment

i know there is no competition for producing fertilizer which is why the gouging can easily happen. i'm just saying that as long as farming is done the way it is, the gouging will continue because for the time being, at least, you have many buyers and few sellers which isn't conducive to economics 100 style price discovery. the fertilizer isn't priced by any model than as much as an oligopolistic market can extract from farmers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...