• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judge Rules For Creekstone- Against USDA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a matter of record that no Canadian cattle that have tested positive for BSE in Canada have ever made it into the human foodchain in Canada.Unlike what happens in the US.
    As well currently Japan only allows beef from under 20 monthe cattle to be imported from countries with BSE.
    So unless you can prove otherwise that is what the rules are.
    I am sure you being a former law enforcement agent you know what laws are, so do you have friends in high places that control world trade so you change japanese trade regulations on a whim. please inform me.
    LMAO
    To throw your question back at you-how many cattle in the US that have not been tested for BSE , have it? Surely you know!
    BUNYOCK A CHORT

Comment

Well Saskartoon I hope you are still bunny chortling when the first case of native N.A. origin vCJD shows up...

Altho it will be impossible to trace to origin (US or Canada)- I can guarantee you with the media's perception and daily play up of Canada's Mad Cow epidemic, Canada will be blamed for it - not only by a sensationalist media but by a lot of politician/bureaucrats looking to CYA-As well as the multinational Packing corporations, that would drop Canada like a hot penny if they could use them to cover and take the heat off their larger US investments...

And rules that exist today- are often changed tomorrow- which we've seen with not only the Japanese, but the US border....And when that native human case appears all doors to Canadian untested will slam shut....

Its either you get it cleaned up and eradicated NOW by testing all- or pay for it 10 times over later...

Comment

willowcreek: Its either you get it cleaned up and eradicated NOW by testing all- or pay for it 10 times over later...

likewise, i'm sure. you're like the old town gossip who's spreading rumors about everybody else when it's her daughter banging the high school football team. the rest of the world knows the usa has bse, it's only americans who are in denial about it.

Comment

jensend--"the rest of the world knows the usa has bse, it's only americans who are in denial about it"....

That is correct- but we have a viable domestic market and don't have to export all our product in order to exist...If we didn't import/export we can easily consume all we produce...

But Canada does need to export- and the only market they have now is the US, which is the the reason I can't see any Canadian producer (which I'm not even sure Saskartoon is) supporting the Packer Mafia and opposing testing- private or government- and opening up other markets...

The stories about the Canadian birth cohort coming to the US have been in the papers for 2 weeks and still are daily...(I've seen 20-30 different articles in every type publication from farm/ranch, consumer, science religious- let alone just the daily/weekly newspapers)... Again furthering the perception amongst Americans that Canada is a haven of diseased cattle/beef...

And just like with the Chinese wheat gluten imported by the Canuck based company that killed all the dogs-- many are now questioning- Why are we importing beef/cattle? Why are we importing wheat product? Why do we import something we already produce- and have an excess of, when we have no controls over these foreign governments and their health requirements or inspections...And now on top of everything else it appears as tho the Canuck CEO kept quiet about the danger so he could cash in and sell a bunch of his Company stock in a Cover Your Assets move....

Already legislation being enacted for M-COOL on all pet foods also...

Its going to be an interesting Congress and interesting Farm Bill...And right now USDA/FDA are just scrambling to keep their butts afloat...
          Then we're only 1 1/2 years away from an election that I think will turn into one of the biggest overreact elections ever against the current globalist/corporate bought administration...

Believe me if/when a native case of vCJD shows up in North America- especially if its in the US-the media will go nuts with it-- and public outcry will demand that the border will be padlocked and it will be years before it is reopened...

Comment

WK yes i am canadian born and bred PROUD of IT, but i do have a number of relatives in the US. As for why the US is importing beef your country is in a deficte position when it comes to beef. In other words you can't grow enought beef to feed your nation at current prices . So if you want to quit importing beef you have options - drop the price paid to the producer so that everyone can afford beef, and quit exporting to higher return markets i am sure ranchers,feedlot operators and packer will like that. Or have people eat other meats and drop domestic beef consumption to keep the current price up, the pork and poultry industry will be thanking R-CALF if that happens. So we as canadians are exporting to your market under the rules set out by the US governement. But More and more we are falling into line in order to gain a larger market share in the EU as it is a more lucrative market than the US. We are increasing slaughter capacity to accomidate this . So maybe you won't get our canadian cattle that you need so badly and can import feeders from south america. Yeah they have less health concerns than canada not to mention it will cost less. LMAO.
            As for the birth cohorts yeah before anyone knew there was BSE in Canada an animal from a farm that had a BSE positive show up exported a calf to the US. Too bad we aren't fortune tellers. It is pretty easy to make noise after the fact. But cases of vCJD have already come up just ask TSS i am sure you know him as flounder the problem is that he lost a family member to it in Texas, but wait that was before we had BSE so how did she die of vCJD if she only ate texas beef . Where did the infectious agent come from if there was no BSE in the US at the time of infection. Maybe you know of how many positives were fed to unsuspection Texans. As for blaming it on canadians with no proof that is par for the course.
            Just a side note my neice's husband is from texas they ranch down there, they were up here to see my outfit and we were discussing the whole R-CALF thing he told me that i shouldn't concern my self as they are quote - a bunch of protectionist wind bags that are as effective as a steer in breeding season.

Comment

Saskartoon-- Now that is a morning funny-- A Texan advising a Canuck...LOL But whats more funny is the Canuck is dumb enough to believe it...LOL

Comment

What is so funny about a American advising a Canadian on a radical group from his counrty? If i wanted to know about the KKK i would ask an american from an area where they are prevelent. I would think he has the right to an opinion and expressing it under your constitution. Or is that not allowed in your country anymore. What is funny about a man talking to another in a civilized manner? Do you have a problem with Texans? Why do you hate texans ?what has a texan done to you? Maybe you have a problem being dismissed so casually. But i see your true colors if anyone disagrees with you you call them an idiot if they agree thay are a genius. But not one mention of any important issue just an attack on your counrtyman. It sure makes me appreciate that i live in Canada.

Comment

Well I could tiptoe thru the tulips with you- tell lies to you and tell you what you want to hear- but I don't do that...

You just remember what I predicted...

I was right before about the US Congress stopping the USDA's OTM border opening, I was right about the Nov elections and the defeat of many of the global traders, I am already being proven right on the dogfood uproar- and the negative response to imported food products...

I know you'd rather listen to a Texan that tells you what you want to hear- but it still doesn't make it so....

Comment

Wk what are you babbling about global traders aren't you aware that trade is global? I forgot you are the all knowing ,all telling sooth sayer. It is easy to be right all the time, if you ignore the times when you have been wrong. As for my neices husband being a texan and telling me what i want to hear on the R-CALF front, sorry it must really be a blow to ones ego when a group you think is so important is casually dismissed. But think about the millions of people in the US and R-CALf claims a membership of 18000 at it's apex. And now r-calf is turning on it's self and the extremeists are throwing out the moderates the same way the taliban does. So make all the claims you want, we really know that when the ruleing comes down from the OIE and Canada has a cnotrolled status you won't be able to hold out cvanadain cattle. And admit it when completetly implemented our new feed restrictions, SRM management and testing program will give Canada acess to any market ing the world. Keep your head buried in the sand and say there is no bse in the use those were just 2 freaks and no other have ever been in the US as well as no BSE in the US right now. I just want to see what happens when the US gets it's first outbreak of FMD from mexican cattle ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...