• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protection from foot and mouth

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protection from foot and mouth

I am hearing from farmers who are trying to figure out how to protect themselves from foot and mouth. Come on everybody...it is only a matter of time before we get hit with this disease. First the states will get it from south america and then canada. We can't really protect ourselves...well I shouldn't say that...I guess we could put up a five kilometre barrier around each of our farms, have anti-aircraft guns, disenfect any car that comes within 10000 feet from our farm, and have artillery guns to take out any animal that comes near your animal. And if that doesn't work....you always have the chance to pray.

Get ready. Idaho is checking livestock for mouth lesions. See KXLT TV, Idaho.

Dr. Julia Keenliside, AAFRD, has a list of Best Practices to prevent livestock operations and meat processors from exposure to Foot and Mouth Disease. List is posted on Ropin' the Web's Breaking News. Title is "Preventing Foot and Mouth Disease in Canada"

Here is the link: http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/general/brkgnews.nsf

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...