• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deformaties

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deformaties

Last year we had about 6 calves that had some kind of deformaty. Most had irregular short legs (short forearm, shoulder and big knees). But one had a mishapen head (not straight on long side of head when observed from the side, but curved) Just wondering if anybody else has had problems with this.
    Not sure what caused it. Could be vitamin D and E defiency. We had also put the mothers of these calves on dead (frostkilled) alfalfa pasture in the fall.
    Cows calved following spring with deformed calves. NOTE: all deformed calves were born to coming two year old heifers.

I'm no expert...but this sounds like a classical case of 'dwarfism'. Check with a veterinarian. Perhaps I am blowing smoke here...but it is a possibility.
    Hope to hear more about this.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.