• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Rutledge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't get it through your thick skull that I am not knocking baldie cattle.I'll put a load of my steers up against your straight Herefords any day.

Comment

Pea Brain the only straight Hereford I own is that bull you wingnut-I got a few hundred black commercial cows that I'm going to gleefully use him on. Some people's kids I tell you-not real quick on the uptake.

Comment

Well, I weigh in on this one with a lot of mixed feelings... but whatever!
        The Hereford has become the "dog" of the cattle business over the last several years. Now why is that?
        At one time if they weren't red whitefaced, no one wanted them!
        They were "the cattle" to own!
        When the exotic revolution came along, Herefords became "yesterdays cattle" and the qualities that made them desirable were no longer acceptable! So the Hereford breed chased the exotics...trying to become all things to all people!
        The polled breeders were the worst! They bred these big tall, no gut, no milk, no hair cattle to compete! Frankly they bred very non-functional cattle...that won in the show ring...but were completely useless to the commercial cattleman?...and that is a fact!
        Now somehow Angus have come from "useless runts" to become the premier breed! Amazing...and a tribute to the Angus breeders! I can remember when you could hardly give them away!
        My old Dad raised those real old time heavey coated, heavy boned Herefords! He sold bulls for big money and he sold steers that rocked the market....and they were darned good cattle!
        And heresey of heresy...they were horned Herefords! But they were darned good cattle and they were better than the Angus of the day....and were better than the Angus of today! And that to is a fact!
        If I never had to make another dollar in my life...I would raise Horned Herefords...because they were not only good...but they weren't wild, or kick the hell out of you, and they were a joy to look at, and a pleasure to work with!

Comment

Sure aren't the dog in cow country up here-just sit in at a yearling sale up here and try and buy those triaxle loads of yearlings that come through. I guess ranchers out here in the sticks never had time to follow the fads they were too busy raising beef lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...