• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

starting a war

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting a war

OK...you all and one out there...I want to start a war here on my place and I need help. Goghers I can handle but those darned moles...I want to go to town on them this year.....need lots of help

beefman

If you find a solution you will be a rich man! Some people say anhydrous ammonia will move them out but That is sort of immpractical for hayland. I've often wondered why we can't find a genetically modified disease to clean these dirty little buggers out. I guess the environmentalists would howl but then I guess they've never had to bounce haying equipment over mole hills! As far as I'm concerned they are the worst pest we have.

Comment

We've tried several methods to control moles such as gasing them and using a mole plow to poison down in the ground both had very dissapointing results. The only successful way we've found is to trap them. A time consuming job but very effective. The wooden box traps called "the Convert Trap" has given us the best results.(about an 85% catch rate) It is possible to keep 300-400 acres of hay practically mole free by trapping spring and fall. Thirty or fourty traps makes a decent size trap line for one person to go check and reset. Start on newer feilds as heavily infested old feilds are hader to get under control.

Comment

Thanks for the replys....I was looking for a way other than digging....man would I like to give them a virus

Comment

I dont know much about moles dont have any but I do know that antifreeze set up in a protected bowl has worked on gophers let me know if this is an option.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...