• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

custom garzing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom garzing

I was wondering what is fair and reasonable to put someone elses cattle on my land for the summer or fall or maybe even winter them. I am located in south central Saskatchewan.

Hope to hear from many of you.

You might want to check out the Saskatchewan Pastures Program as a starting point.

http://www.agr.gov.sk.ca/Crown_Lands_Pastures/Pastures.asp?firstpick=Crown%20Lands_Pastures&seco ndpick=Pastures

They charge 33cents per day for cows, 50 cents per day for bulls and $13 a year for each calf.

Another good approach is to base it on available animal unit months of forage. This is how we handle it a home. We have so many AUMs available at a specific cost per AUM. This definitely helps to facilitate improved pasture management in our operation.

Alberta Ag has a pasture for rent site that will give you an idea of going rates in that province.

http://www.agric.gov.ab.ca/store/haypast.html

As well, in SK you have one of the best rangeland resources in the country in the Grazing and Pasture Technology Program. You can find out more about the program and obtain a lot of free information at your local SAF office.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Comment

Thanks for the info. It will be helpful.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.