• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor Poor Tyson

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a link to one article on it....

http://www.cattlenetwork.com/content.asp?contentid=102050

Comment

I stand corrected. Since December 2005 they have been testing and marketing OTM cattle in the UK. The BSE cases began appearing in the mid 1980's though and from then through until 1996 hundreds of thousands of OTMs were slaughtered and went into the human food chain. Cattle showing symptoms were culled and tested to confirm BSE. They never killed whole herds out if there was a case of BSE in that herd. They did however have a cohort program after 1996 that went back and traced cattle that had eaten the same feed as BSE cases and culled them out. I don't know why because at that time all OTMs were being incinerated anyway. The point I was trying to make was that testing and marketing cattle as free of BSE was not a significant policy throughout the BSE crisis in the UK. Farmers were just expected to take a beating on cull cows for close to 20 years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...