• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ethanol and distillers grain?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grassfarmer, I toured Brazil and Argentina a couple of years ago....by far the majority of cattle are grass raised and grass finished(particularly in Argentina), though over time grain and silage rations are becoming more commonplace....and while our rockies make a nice backdrop, so do the plains and mountains of South America....and the beef I ate there was as tasty and tender as I have eaten anywhere....I am not disputing we do not produce quality beef here, just do not assume we have the exclusive deal on the stuff....

and as both a cow/calf and large scale grain producer I do not buy into your conspiracy theory about multinationslas squeezing the primary producer in the inputs side....we are are own worst enemies as we do not stay vigilent on the cost structure of our business in times of properous prices....just ask anyone in the crop inputs business...high grain prices means great margins....primary producers must get more directly involved in the supply chains and value added activities related to their end product...that goes for beef and grains/oilseeds...otherwise a properly functioning market will charge what the market can bear...IMHO

Comment

Okay, sorry grassfarmer that explains it. I was reading it wrong.

Comment

Wheat distillers from the ethanol plant out of Lloyd is about 34% CP and only 3-4% fat. It can by no means replace a grain in a backgrounder or finishing ration due to a lack of energy. It is a great protein supplement especially for Dairy rations. It is about 50% DIP and 50% UIP.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...