• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

beef management software

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beef management software

I'M LOOKING FOR SOME GOOD BEEF MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE TO TRACK THE R.O.P. OF MY HERD. WOULD PREFER A WINDOWS BASED PROGRAM THAT IS USER FRIENDLY AND AS ALWAYS REASONABLY PRICED.

DTurner;

I would be interested in finding out if you find the software that you are looking for. Even more I would like to know the type of information you would like to see in the software you seek. I have looked at much of what is referred to as R.O.P. software on the net and don't think that it meets what the Canadian Producer is looking for (although I may be wrong). Non-the-less if you can not find what you are looking for then the information that you want would be helpful in a determination if the software can be worked into an overall system in our Value Chain development process.

Let me know more details and your thoughts! We will be developing systems that will work with the windows base platform, and who knows what we can work out!

Thanks!

Comment

You may want to check out several sites, many of which allow you to download a trial version of their software before you decide to purchase.

Depending on the price range you are looking at, you can get basic, all the way up to fully customizable programs.

You may want to visit www.farmsoftware.com
      www.chaps2000.com
      www.settler.com
      www.agric.gov.ab.ca
      www.midwestmicro.com

There are several programs discussed on these sites.
      Good Cow/Calf programs I have seen, include CowSense and CowChips.

Comment

Hi !

I would recommend Cow Sense as an excellent Windows-based very powerful R.O.P. program for either commercial or purebred herds.

Please contact me to make arrangements to get a Trial Edition program CD sent to you. It can be downloaded from the net, but is quite time-consuming. The CD is much quicker and easier.

This demo will allow you access to data for a sample herd which will give you a very good idea of the program's capabilities. It will also let you create your own herd file and input some of your own animals. Try before you buy !!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...