• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

backgrounded calves

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cs wilson, yep you're right it's best not to think about things.

kpb

Comment

kpb, what are you doing up at that hour? Have a good day!

Comment

whiteface, you know it was one of those nights where I woke up about 1 a.m. because I could hear a cow. So I lie there for half an hour trying to talk myself into ignoring it and then finally end up getting up to check it out. Everything fine and then couldn't get back to sleep, lol.

kpb

Comment

Why wouldnt you have went with TEAM? They do a darn good job of presenting your cattle and working hard to promote them to the buyers!! They cover a large area and are well known for getting the top dollar out of cattle.

Comment

mb is right--we've gone with TEAM several times to both sell yearlings and buy calves and they are always straightforward and easy to deal with.

kpb

Comment

My experience with sending the whole group to a presort has been less than great. In order to benefit from the sort there has to be cattle of similar quality to sort yours with, producing a larger, and more desirable group. With a good sort it should be hard to pick your calves out. The last one I took mine to I thought my calves made their groups look better. My opinion only, but did I average the price up for someone else?
              I had given up on the presort idea, till Grassfarmer suggested them as a good place to market odds and ends that don’t fit with the rest of your group
              Some markets seem to make them work,but as I say, they have to have simmilar cattle to work with.

Comment

A presort is only as good as the sorter.

Comment

you know, kpb, I do that a lot myself. My husband really thinks I need my head examined. He could sleep through a tornado, I swear. Then the phone rings and he's up like a shot (he's on call a lot and the plant might actually blow up without him, LOL!) I can so relate to your post, kpb. Great minds think a like...
                  fools seldom differ...
                  Have a great night all!

Comment

kbp don't worry your knowledgeable little head about my operation-I don't lose much nappy time about yours. Check back in the fall we'll see who was right-I'll bet on myself this time sunshine.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...