• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NISA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NISA

How come the ACC suddenly decided it was all right for the beef sector to participate in NISA? We were always told we couldn't because it was countervailable. So what changed? Could it be because they also want the 3% government contribution? Maybe so they can give us some more wonderful programs like the CCIA!

Cowman:

You raise a good question, I must say up front that we are at this
    point in a situation in Canada where Governments and associations
    etc, think they can help you more then you can help yourself! I do
    believe that these associations (and government) have their role to
    play as well! However, it is the misconception that they are in
    control of your business that is so herd on most producers.

As a business man you are the one that has control of your
    business. I believe that if you have been watching the global
    economy (as I am sure you have) then you know something has to
    be done in the agri-sector, some change, some move toward
    protecting you and your business.

The projects and programs that are being worked on by many of
    the associations are done so to help you, (at least this is the story).
    In my thoughts, we have the big guys and the little guys all with a
    business. If you are in business then you take advantage of what is
    to be offered and add your own value to them so you have the best
    advantage!

The Value Chain model, clearly defines that through clear
    communication from the top of the supply chain to the consumer,
    that you can stabilize your own income, insure your own growth and
    define many of your own terms. All it really takes is the will to
    co-operatively make the Value Chain model your business
    foundation (which I believe it is anyway) and actively align yourself
    with others in the same position as you and clearly define your
    goals and purpose!

http://valuechain.homestead.com/index.html

e mail valuechain@home.com

Comment

The issue of NISA has been an ongoing issue for the ACC with the cow/calf sector wanting it and the feeding not(for the most part). This year it was a very close vote and it was decided to join NISA. It was also decided to advize the govt to put the 3% towards industry development funds such as new product development, research, and food safety programs. I can tell from your writings that you aren't happy with what the ACC and CCA are doing so I hope that next fall I see your name on a ballot so you can participate in the debates where it matters and air your grievences with a vote.

Comment

Actually no you will not see my name on any ballot. The only time I ever voted on anything to do with the ACC was to get rid of the checkoff. I don't in any way support the ACC as I believe they are just a puppet for the big feedlots and the packing industry.

Comment

I have worked with the ACC in the past and have found that they have some wonderful people to work with, I do believe that they need to look at their structure and maybe make some changes, but I do believe that they have a place in the future of our industry.

In saying that however, we can not forget that the market place is changing out there and if they are not willing to work with the individual I do believe that they will feel it big time in the future. As we see technology help these individuals develop products and services that are more to our export customers desires there may be some interesting changes. Branded products and trace back are something the big guys do not do as well as people may think (especially the big guys themselves)

Is going to be interesting couple of years ahead!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...