• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navel infection

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navel infection

I have been treating a calf for navel infection, 4 days Trivetrin and then 5 days with Lincomix 100. The calf isn't improving, I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

I would contact a veterinarian immediately, the infection may have advanced from the navel and a more vigorous course of treatment may be required, or they may help you to determine what family of antibiotics this particular type of bacterial infection is susceptible too. Either way I think a prompt call to the vet is a worthwhile move.

Comment

As your vet about Nuflor. We have found it to be better than any thing we have tried. Also keep in mind that navel infections can be very stubborn. They have a habit of coming back if you stop treatment too soon.

Comment

We used to have problems with naval infections in our calves until we started giving them 5cc's of Bio-Mycin along with their other shots within a few hours after they were born. We haven't had any problems with the infections since we started doing that about 3 yrs ago. Bio-Mycin is a long acting antibiotic so it will stay in the system over a longer period of time. As I said, we've been doing this with all of our calves for the last 3 yrs, we've not had a single naval infection since we started doing this faithfully.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...