• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm succession

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm succession

It seems so many farmers today have no one to pass the farm down to, even if they could afford it? How many times do you hear "The kids don't want it. They are doing okay in the city"?
    So the farmer plows on, getting older everyday with no real purpose other than keeping himself busy!
    And you see these really well maintained farms that obviously have been a work of love, being sold to some stranger.
    Personally I can't blame the kids if they don't want it? It is a very poor business and while some cite "quality of life" or best place in the world to raise a family...is it? When the wolf is pounding on the door all the time?
    I never really planned for a child wanting to farm. Gave him the education to get a good job...but I guess you can take the boy from the country but you can't take the country out of the boy!
    I am actually very glad he came home. He has taken a lot of the decision making out of my hands!If I could just get it through his head that I'm not his damned slave, it would be almost perfect!

cowman, you will stay healthier and live longer if you keep on slaving !!!

Comment

Slave to what? the son or the internet?
      If he cut the phone line so you couldn't be on Agriville just think of all the work he'd get out of you.(lol)

Comment

Never thought of that one, but he would also need to hide the keys to the pickup so the old boy couldn't get down to coffee row !!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...