• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

packer structure...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That totally works for me, Pure Country, that you are one of the clear thinking people that have your goals clearly and specifically defined and do whatever it takes to achieve them. Those are the people I personally admire the heck out of. You're right, it doesn't always have to be about money, but I'll contend if you look deep enough into anything, it usually is. I also do appreciate, Randy that I may to some extent be appearing hypocritical which I know full well you won't take from anyone, however, I do hope that instead of comeing across like I have abandoned the cattle industry, rather you will all realize that I have taken on a route which helps me realize the financial means that will be needed if and when I choose to take down some arrogant "multinationals." I do enjoy large amounts of cash and the freedom in which it buys, I don't however, EVER, use it against people unless and then for sure, when their arrogance simply needs to be straightend out for the good of some simpler, harder working, good hearted people that simply need a rottweiler in their corner...that would be me and I would fight to the death for those kinds of people that I do truely like...and you know you're one of them, Randy.
    I agree wholeheartedly that CS is an extremely and I mean extremely "hot" person with sensitive buttons that go off all by themselves most of the time. Not really the kind of person I prefer to play with but definatly not afraid to compliment when I see opportunity or take on a scrap if necessary, even if for a friend that willingly went and pushed the ESD button (that's emergency shut down which will cost a gas plant millions for all of you not in the oil biz).
    Just in case all of you don't know yet, and even though I was not outright accused of it, I will just say sheer acceptance is not what I'm made of either. What has happened with the cattle business is not simply something to accept and I do appreciate all of you fighting to not simply "accept it." I don't expect that any of you feel that I simply did, but I do feel there is a better way to deal with it than screaming amongst yourselves or even to yourselves behind closed doors. And while I know that this forum should be a place to band together, the very nature of farmers and the independent drive that they have that has been their existance forever, will not work now and is exactly why the "better men" ( the packers ) are and likely will win. They work together, farmers whine and fight and accept. Just my observation. Some of you might form coalitions which will help you do better than most. Some will redifine their goals that it's not about money or power but health or lifestyle, totally fair also. What upsets me is to see the scrappers come on here that want what they want and stupidly or stubbornly can't get or won't take the necessary steps to achieve their goals. Pains me but then again, I accepted a long time ago that I cannot change people, only live well and lead by example and if any choose to follow, I try my damdest to be a good teacher.
    Probably more information than a lot of you wanted but fortunatly, the way this forum is set up, no one is holding a gun to your head to read my dribble if you choose not to and I respect everyones choices to do what works for them. If it didn't work, I would certainly expect you to analyze your methods and make necessary changes. Thanks for reading and have a good day all!
    P.S. Randy, I think you and I might be due for a coffee...

Comment

Randy:Well I wasn't saying you were totally wrong or anything. A lot of what you say I do agree with...and with grassfarmer too!
      And I also think you guys are "true believers" in how you see things?
      I don't have all the answers, never did, probably never will!
      While I did my little bit to try to get rid of the ABP, I was also a supporter of a fledgling movement for cow/calf producers...which never really got off the ground! This was all back in the early nineties.
      I had hoped BIG C might have grown into that type of movement? And yep, I'll say it again...if I lived in the US I would be a member of R-CALF! I don't agree with some of their dumber tactics, but at least they are standing up for the cow/calf producer! No one stands up for us here in Canada?
      And finally: I have no lofty motives of helping my fellow man or living a pristine life! I admit it...I am a money grubbing greedy sucker!...hmmm...I wonder why I don't have any?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...