• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Beef Product

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natural Beef Product

I would like to hear from those in the industry that are, growing beef they would feel are, natural, organic or special through genetics or other methods, including your marketing, alliances, technology or future plans! WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR YOU, NEXT YEAR AND FIVE YEARS FROM NOW?

I have been raising certified organic beef for a number of years in a relatively small marketplace (Nova Scotia). Of course, there is great enthusiasm for the concept, but less we forget, folks are eating less meat. I am on the verge of retooling from a side/quarter/steak/roast scenario to a burger/sausage situation. These products could be more uniformly produced and packaged etc., and would be a better fit for today's consumer. Would appreciate hearing from others.
    Al

Comment

We have been raising and marketing grass fed natural beef for 2 years.
      Located in the Fraser Valley, 40 miles
      from Vancouver, we have good access to
      a potential market of over 1 million
      consumers. We market sides,1/4's, a mixed cut freezer pack, ground beef etc.
      All natural beef snacks: pepperoni &
      beef jerky are wholesaled to local beer & wine stores and sold farm direct.
      We have partnered with organic chicken &
      turkey grower so that we can offer our customers a "one stop shop" for all their natural/organic meat & poultry
      requirements.
      Our butcher provides freezer space, packaging materials & equipment. After
      placing order with us, customers pick up at the butcher shop and are able to pay by credit card, interac, cash or cheque. It has been a great benefit to have formed a strategic alliance with our butcher and has eliminated our need for an on farm retail outlet, cold storage and inspected packaging/processing facilities.
      Our marketing focuses on the health benefits of natural beef, raising beef in a natural/green environment and humane care of the animal ie. cows and calfs grazing lush pasture as opposed to crowded commercial feedlots.

Comment

I believe that a true natural/organic beef product can become a strong part of the market place especially given the public view of food products today. The product, however needs some very specific marketing and every thing must be done in a coordinated environment that cuts production costs while maintaining margins. I have developed some innovative concepts and ideas for further discussion with those seriousless interested in working towards their future. My e mail is valuechain@home.com for those interested in more discussions.

Doug

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...