• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh oh

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh oh

Nakagawa takes hard line on U.S. beef

Speaking to The Financial Times on Tuesday, Japanese Agriculture Minister Shoichi Nakagawa drew a line in the sand on reopening the Japanese market to U.S. beef in the wake of a shipment that contained banned, but safe, bones. Asked if the market would reopen by September, he said, "If the U.S. does not come up with a response in good faith by September, then even if I want to I will not be able to" resume imports.

I truly wonder sometimes what is the USDA doing? Have they become so arrogant that they thumb their noses at the world?
    Why does it take them forever to get anything done? Do they just sit around the office talking baseball, drinking coffee and eating donuts or something?
    You would think when there was a problem with exports they might just get right on it? Maybe they need their cage rattled a bit by the big guy?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...