• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feeder cattle

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeder cattle

here we go again summary of team auction this morning down, down!!!yes
    at these prices there is a dollar in it
    to finish.
    i enjoy reading and prediction,frequently about how some know the future of our cattle prices
    like kpb mention .
    i have been in it for 40 years and still don,t understand our pricing,but
    the free -enterprice business we are in
    did well for most cattleman
    backgrounders have the toughest challange, this go around it will average out over the years .
    this one finger typing make,s me tired
    but i do enjoy agriville keep up sending those nise topics .
    o by the way R-CALF says it was not a
    santa- getrudis bse but a more popular
    small red angus who to believe anymore

As I noted earlier jerryK the custom feeder did well this year? My custom feeder buddy said some of these calves have $200 in them already and lots of guys lining up to feed cattle last fall. When I suggested 55-60 cents/lb. for custom feeding was too high I got roundly roasted on here as being a dinosaur and not up with modern money making methods!
    Maybe these guys who fed cattle looked at it as with all the cheap feed around and an expected easing of the border the market had no place to go but up? Or maybe they just didn't want to pay the old tax bill to Ottawa?
    I wonder how anyone can "sit out" a year without getting hammered by taxes? I think most feeders/backgrounders had a pretty good year in 2005? Are they taking a tax hit this year by passing on feeding cattle this winter?

Comment

hmmm...having read the post I just wrote I realize just about everytime I suggest anything that might save some poor soul a dollar...I get roasted and labelled out of touch with this glorious new world of cattle raising?
      Not real convinced if that is true or not, but I don't think my momma raised any fools! I believe I keep a fairly tight grip on the old purse strings and usually come out fairly well? Just my opinion.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...