• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bull Sales

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bull Sales

This topic was posted awhile back but I am wondering how many of you have been out and about at bull sales.
    Lloydminster saw bulls have a decent average across the breeds.
    Would be interested in hearing how other sales are going.

Thanks

Kaiser's Celtics report. Up $300.00 from last year for an average of $2860.00 and all 35 bulls sold. Randy Bollums Limo sale made about 4 or 5 hundred more than ours and was held the day after ours on Feb. 19th. Sounds like it will be a good year for those who held on in the bull biz.

Comment

Thanks Randy, I know that the Limo bulls topped the sale at Lloyd by nearly $2000.
      The average was $5500 for Limo.s

I think you are correct when you say that those who stayed in the bull selling business may get a payback this year, and so they should because it has been a struggle.

Comment

From what I've seen steady to stronger, the thought is that many held onto bulls during the last 2 (bse) years and rather than selling the older bulls then for 200-400 less now find themselves forced to get bulls now. Looking like 200-400 more than last year and as much as 700-800 than during the BSE in spots. Interesting.
        Would the bulls be trading for this if the border was open to breeding stock?? I think with a 87 cent dollar we are seeing very good prices for bulls.

Comment

I have no problem moving my herd bulls privately. They end up going down to a ranch near Cochrane where they are just starting to use limo bulls to cross with Red Angus/Simi cows, and need older bulls vs yearlings.

Comment

emerald are they trting for a new nursery rime the cow that jumped over the moon? Just kiding but I was at westlock on fri and they had some limo hfrs with horns and I think they set the record of clearing the ring.

Comment

horse, I know that there are some pretty wild limo cattle, but there are some in other breeds as well.

One thing, I haven't had a calf born with horns on this place for the past five calf crops, so horns aren't an issue. My heifers are so quiet they are pests, have to literally shove them out of the way when I walk through them !!

I remember going to look at bulls at one of the 'name' limo operations once and the bulls were so wild they kept running into the fence !!! Needless to say none of them ended up here !!!

Comment

Good to see some decent money going back to the bull guys! That business can be tough.
                I'm glad Randy did well, so he can pay his gymn bill and keep looking good! LOL
                I see at Calgary the three breed champions were all from Red Deer County? Good people and good cattle...all of them.

Comment

Yup, cowman, I too, am glad Randy had a good sale. He works hard to promote his breeds of cattle and the industry.

Now, I don't know if going to the gym is going to make him look good or not, those gym machines can only do so much. LOL. Just kidding Randy !!!!!

Comment

horse, I plan on heading up to Clyde to a bull sale on the 25th, if you have any spare cash, maybe you could float me a loan so I am pick up a good polled bull !!!

Comment

Interesting, so the Angus must introduce docility?

Comment

Yeah right lol.

Comment

My neighbors are having their first bull sale in Vermillion this Friday-some good honest black bulls selling there with 'accurate' birth weights a rarity indeed. Phone 306 236-6058 for more info.

Comment

Who's that cswilson?

Comment

Ivan Demmans-he's got 100 or so purebred cows just south of me-pretty pratical set of cattle-never went crazy chasing milk-just good solid angus cattle. Another neighbor will have a bunch of grass calved two year olds and the third guy has a bunch of Ohlde bred cattle.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...