• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbed vs. high tensile wire

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grassfarmer: That was my biggest complaint with that old tough wire...getting it down to run the pasture harrows into the paddocks? My son said I didn't need to do it but I think breaking up the patties works.
    As far as the "twine" stuff: We fenced a hay stack with it and it is real nice stuff to work with, but we had this cruddy battery fencer that must have given up the ghost and the darned coyotes decided this was tasty stuff to chew on and they worked it over pretty good! I don't know what is with the coyotes around here but they seem to chew up anything plastic they can find? If you tie up a fence with poly rope they'll chew it right in half! Maybe I need to check to see if my coyotes are getting the proper mineral mix or something? LOL

Comment

...interesting post... i prefer using barbed wire for doing my cross fencing and those 2 and a half inch posts grassfarmer mentioned...ufa had them on sale three or four years ago for the price grassfarmer quoted... i also use rebar cause it was laying around the farm anyway and two quarter inch rope like electric fence stuff that i move down the strips ...

...ps...i bought an old barbed wire wrapper from an old rancher out by coronation a few years back... one of handiest tools i ever bought...takes about 10 minutes to roll up a quarter mile...

Comment

What kind of a reel or spool do you have to store the barbwire on with these wrappers?

Comment

...woolybear... i think this old wrapper was made out of an old massey baler ...it is ran by pto and has a shaft coming out of a gear box that has two press drill packer wheels... after the wire ir rolled up...there is a nut on the main shaft that comes off... the outside packer wheel also has a tapered shaft welded to it that pulls off... then it is just a matter of pulling the tightly woven wire off that shaft...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...