• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

calf ear muffs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calf ear muffs

I would like to make some ear muffs before calving. Does anybody have instructions for making these?

They used to be marketed by a lady in Sask. I believe.

Comment

Cowpics,don't waste your time and money with those crazy things.I never had good experiences with them when I used to calve in the cold.The cows pull them off the calf and the calves ears will freeze anyway.I even had a cow once that must have ate the darn things because I could never find them again!Get yourself a roll of duct tape and tape the ears to the calves body.For me this worked alot better than those muffs.

Comment

I have to agree with countryguy--Haven't found anything better than duct tape- definitely works.....

Only thing better is calving in June...

Comment

Used to us them with good results if you got them good and dirty(don't wash them). Once they were dirty the cows seemed to leave them alone.

Comment

seems to me that the ones I saw were called Marge's Muffs. The lady used to have them at all the livestock tradeshows, like Farmfair, Bull Congress etc. I never tried them and really don't know anyone that did.

Comment

those calf ear muffs are useless tracy. Just use about 10 wraps of duct tape

Comment

if the weather stays like it is now here in AB. I doubt if we will need duct tape for anything except maybe for our premier !!

Comment

panty hose works pretty good? Cut the crotch out so it just fits over the eyes and tie the legs behind the ears. Helps if you have a woman around.

Comment

The CWB will be unsettled by articles such as this and by Stephen Harper's election commitments.

Bill Graham is the brand new Leader of the Liberal Opposition. This new gen Liberal MP is probably willing to work with some novel ideas.

All kinds of papers printing all kinds of stories, AdamSmith.

http://%20www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=221

Parsley

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that cowman, I was hoping they weren't yours !!!!

Comment

Emerald: Thought I better clarify that as Horse seems to think I should check out the other side! Still get a good chuckle out of his post? He is an ornery old bugger but he does come up with a good one every now and then! LOL

Comment

Parsly;

Unbeleivable!

For those who can't cut and paste... here is the jist of the article.

"Guess who Bill Graham is?

He is a Member of Parliament and a former Law Professor at the University of Toronto who is notorious for having been involved in the gay sex trade. And he engaged in this activity as a married man with two children.

Lawrence Metherel, a former teen male prostitute, has long ago disclosed that he had a sexual relationship with Graham dating back to 1980, when Metherel was 15 years old. In a recent interview with a Canadian magazine, Metherel said that, for 15 years, Graham provided him with regular support payments of up to $1,500 a month.

Like how do you even take a guy like Graham seriously?"

This was reported back in 2002.

ANd today he is the leader of the CDN opposition!

I had no clue.

No wonder we have a minority conservative gov.; that in itself should be considered a miracle!

Comment

now cowman, I after re-reading your post regarding the pantyhose, one could read into it that the only reason you would feel it was a good idea to have a woman around was to ensure that you had a good supply of pantyhose !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

and maybe a couple pairs of high heeled shoes.

Come on gang, we don't get much of a chance to jump on old cowman.

Can any one think of any other reason the old cow puncher should have a woman around?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...