• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for a sumer job

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a sumer job

Hello guys,
    I am a german student of agriculture sciences. To get some practical experiances I would realy like to work on a Canadian farm during the sumer. Since I don't know anybody in Canada I would like to ask you for some help. If anybody wants to give me a chance or knows somebody else who does I would be very glad to hear from you! Thank you!
    Stefanie

What area of Canada are you interested in working in ?

Comment

Take a look at www.agriventure.com
      it's the website for IAEA the international Ag. exchange association. Thats a real good group and a good place to start your search.

Comment

Maybe you should contact Randy Kaiser, as he seems to like living the life of Riley and is not too keen on work! LOL!
        This is just a joke.

Comment

Randy's reply would be more along the line of, if your short and dark and have lots of curly hair you're more than welcome to work for me.Especially if you have welsh heritage.

Comment

Make sure if you do line up work that you check out the folks before you start. I have seen some kids end up in places that really aren't the most attractive. If you do find a possible place, just let us know here on agriville and I am sure you will get some good info on the operator. As far as Randy goes, don't let these fellow mislead you, he really is a pretty good cattle producer, has a nice herd of cattle and works as hard as anybody I am sure, except this winter when he is getting his cattle custom fed !!!!!

Comment

Thanks for defending me, emerald. Had a couple of days up at Camrose for the Canadian Bull Congress and my throats kinda sore for all the BSin. Had some fellow agrivillers track me down and it was kinda fun to see some faces to go along with the musings here in cyberspace.

My plate will be pretty full next summer Staphanie with house and yard building on the sched, but you're lilkely looking for farm work more than pounding nails and wooden pegs in our little Tibmer Frame we're setting up.

As for you cowman - touche'for now. I'll get my chance at you soon.LOL.

Short dark and curly haired German Welsh girls need not apply, I'M MARRIED JD4ME.

Hang out with us agrivillers for a while Stephanie, we'll find you something. Be patient however, all the talk about me and my spare time and cowman and his hammock is mostly talk, we are one movin and shaken bunch.

Comment

glad to hear that you survived Bull Congress Randy. This is the first time in 16 years that I have missed attending, so much for my priorities eh ??? Maybe I can't BS as good as I used to !!!!

Comment

I meant the 4 legged employees you were advertising on here quite recently.

Comment

I know JD4ME. If we can't still kid around about that kinda stuff (even if we are married) we might as well just move into the old folks home right now.LOL

Comment

Hello again. It seems that I just found the right place here (altough I'm neither black nor curly haired nor welsh...). I'll check on the agriventure page and then may come back on you.
                      Belonging the area: I'd prefere the english-speaking part since my french isn't the best. I don't care for the specific arae because i'd rather like nice people than nice places!

Comment

Just making sure Randy I would hate to have actually offended you I kinda like the site when everyone gets along and makes constructive aurguments and positive points(with the occasional good natured teasing)

Comment

My skin's thicker than my black hairy cows JD. When I don't post, it's because I have something to do (despite what cowman thinks)wink wink.

Comment

madein80's you will find that a high percentage of Canadians are english speaking. Quebec will be one area where some farm families speak only french but out here on the prairies ( Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta) you will find english spoken by the vast majority of folks. ( sometimes cussing takes precidence over good english !!)

In Alberta one group of individuals that may be an excellent source of information on possiblities for summer work on farms is the Alberta Association of Agricultural Fieldmen. They have their own website and if you send emails to each of the provincial executive you will have contacted a representation of all regions of Alberta.
                            The fieldmen work with their local farmers and would certainly know where good employers can be found.

Comment

On a related subject I had an email out of the blue from an unknown Spaniard the other day looking for permanent farm work in Canada. I passed it on to a friend that I know needs an employee and has had European workers before - he is not hopeful as it takes 6 months of form filling and hoop jumping to get someone over here. Surely this is something Canada should be encouraging with the farm labour crisis there is? Funny how Tyson Foods can have a Sudanese immigrant workforce with conditions little better than slavery yet a family farm in Canada can't employ a European person of farm origin. The benefits of "captive supply" - of politicians, perhaps?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...