• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Run them one more year!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run them one more year!

I was hoping that this year we could skid a few old girls and late calvers, but I guess not! Thanks to R-CALF and friends it doesn't make sense. I suspect the majority of Canadian cattle producers will be in a similar situation?
    So next year we will once again have an expanded cow herd and a larger calf crop looking for a home?
    We had also hoped to replace a couple of bulls this year but it makes more sense to keep the old bulls one more year? Hopefully by next year they might be worth a few bucks!
    I wonder if the R-CALF boys realize they have created a situation up here where we have gone into a very rapid expansion while they have not? When that border is finally opened up I think they will see the results in a very big way? I think then they will see that all the profits they thought they were making were just deferred a couple of years?
    When you build a dam to stop up the water it works just dandy, but when the dam breaks...you get flooded out! Hope you R-CALFERS have got some good hip waders!

Cowman- Sounds like more reason to donate to the R-CALF legal fund--support the upcoming dumping suit against Canadian cattle...Remember they already won the first suit- but could not prove that Candian cattle negatively influenced the prices- Now with the price history of a closed border, it is possible.....

Comment

Willowcreek,

You just keep sending that R-calf group of yours money. I bet the lawyers that look after their legal affairs sure have a big ole smile on their face!!!

Comment

what a freaking waste of time and money to pay lawyers to haul your neighbour to court time and time again !!!!!

Comment

R-Calf

R anchers
          C aring
          A bout
          L awyers'
          F utures

Somebody has to keep the old Mercedes on the road.

Comment

Waste your money Willowcreek! That border is coming down whether you like it or not! The USDA knows they can't play this game forever. I think your own appeal court pretty well told Cebull he screwed up? The writing is on the wall.
            But hey its your dime? If you want to blow it keeping the lawyers happy then go to it. You've had a pretty good run the last couple of years...but get ready for reality...don't blow all that big calf check this year?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...