• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iveron

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are on the right track cowman, but China is the one operating under the different set of rules. They aren’t encumbered by the entire regulatory/environmental/licencing, etc. that we have allowed to be built in. The multinationals love the rules, as they are barriers to entry. China throws a wrench into the whole thing. They are happy to sell for less. A lot less!
    Unfortunately, this means all our manufacturing is moving over there. Been to Wal-Mart lately?
    Generic means the same formulation with no “frills” such as marketing and performance guarantees. The only guarantee is the active ingredient as stated on the label. Expect the same performance if used under the same conditions.
    The mainline companies will try to create doubt about performance with stories like the clear bottle one. Expect lots of stories about product replacement for any poor performance. Maybe a “new” Weather Max type Ivomec.
    Unless they can use regulatory to set up trade barriers they will loose this battle. China has too much cost of production advantages.

Comment

Myself and a a neighbor made the run a couple weeks back, it was simple painless and profitable if compared to buying at non generic product here, the saving was 310 canadian per 5 litre as the prices have come down here to around that 385 mark with the retalers having bought product they have to move as merial will not take it back.
      While I was in the store in Great Falls I had also intented to ask on a couple other problems we have with other pests and cattle so I asked the salesman what the producers there are doing about gopher control and mosquito's ie oilers.
      His response to me was they can't get strychnine in any form and are having a hell of a time dealing with gophers there are a few products, ones I was already aware of that are slow ,time consuming and not cheap.
      The other question was if they carried a real kick butt oiler that I could look at I expected some great louisana built oiler that killed everything, he told me that they don't have oliers anymore since malathion was banned and they are having to rely on fly tags. Our biggest issue here is clouds of mosquitos.
      So just a couple of things we need to make damn sure we need to preserve here the ability to access what we still have while making sure the own use importation rule stays in place, make sure you take the time to write your MP about these issues this winter if you've got time to read this you've got time to write that letter.

Comment

Greybeard: I agree China has one hell of an advantage. A good example would be the generic Roundup products entering the market? Now I would suggest they have an unfair advantage over the NA chemical companies, not just because of cheaper labor but because they don't have to jump through the regulatory hoops? The product might be just as good, probably is, but they have an advantage?
        Maybe it is time the NAFTA governments got their act together and decided just what this trade pact we have means? Does it mean we let every Tom, Dick and Harry from abroad get into our market through the back door...or do we have tariffs that protect our markets and make the foreign products fit the standards we set? How do you do that if the NAFTA countries all have different standards and different tariffs?
        Free trade was supposed to be for the US, Canada, and Mexico....not China, not Japan, not any Micky mouse country where the international corporations might squeeze out a few more bucks!
        If we expect the auto worker in Ontario to buy our steaks then we should expect to buy the truck he produces? Thats how it works or at least how it should work?

Comment

JD4M: I believe you can still get a pre mix strychnine product from UFA stores? It is a dry product but it seems to work well if you get it out at the right time?
          Apparently the wet product is unlikely as the feds pretty well turned it into a gong show? Took the mixing away from the counties in Alberta and gave it to a Toronto company. By the time it got to Alberta it was moldy!
          I have found a few boys with .22s are probably cheaper in the big picture? Buy a few cases of shells and tell them to go to it!...don't know if that breaks any gun control laws though.

Comment

Cowman

The counties and municipalties have had the ability to bring in product, this last year it was mixed by a southern alberta company and delivered next day, it had fairly good results, the PMRA is reviewing strychnine and its future in Canada, submissions must be recieved by late Nov. As far as the good ol boys and 22's thats a help but only part of the equation on large acre operations you need alot of people and time to accomplish decent control. As far as your statements about supporting Ontario Truck builders its the simple truth that alot of the reasons we are heading into a non competive environment globally for our ag products is that we pay 1st world prices for everything we purchase while selling our products at a 3rd world price competing against the lowest cost producers that can access equivalent efficacy products that havecome off patent. As well I was simply pointing out the fact that it's worrysome to see what is going on in other jurisdictions inasfar as products we have come to rely on for pest management and how when they have lost them producers in those other jurisdictions have not been able to cost effectively find adequate replacements.

Comment

So whats the solution? Do we toss all the restrictions out the window and get out there and compete with Bangladesh or something? Maybe get our auto workers working for $2 a day? Or for that matter the whole darned country?
              Maybe we need to restrict products from countries that aren't playing at our level or at least put tariffs on their products to bring them in line?
              On the strychnine thing: In the county I live in strychnine was not available. It was not available in any of the counties that surround us. When I inquired I was told the cost to the municipality didn't justify bringing it in. Maybe our gopher problem isn't as bad as where you live? So I guess it doesn't really matter if the feds okay it or not? If the municipality won't participate?
              Apparently the headaches and added costs made it unacceptable for the county and obviously not just for this county but all surrounding ones?
              There are other products out there that are more environment friendly and apparently they do work, at least that is what all the studies show?

Comment

Oh one more thing JD4M: Let some oats soak in anti-freeze over night and put out in the field just as the gophers are coming out in the spring! Works pretty good...probably as good as strychnine!

Comment

Any idea who handles this product iveron in north dakota?

Comment

Hey Guys - just came back from Great Falls and picked up iveron and other supplies from Ranchers choice. Just wanted to let others know not to buy your ralgro or vaccines in the states. Our ralgro was confiscated at the border. We knew we could not bring injectables but Ranchers choice felt that Ralgro was ok. It was not so beware that it can't be brought across to Canada. Still figure we saved $ on the trip and who can't use a little holiday!! The people in Great Falls were more that happy to have us.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...