• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iveron

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iveron

Has any one heard of this produce called Iveron which is a genaric of Ivomec. It is in the states at much less cost than here in Canada.

Haven't heard of it, but I know that three producers from this area head down to Montana each fall to pick up Ivomec for their own herds. The cost saving is far more than the cost of the trip.

Comment

I was contacted by telephone (voice mail) promoting generic ivomec at $125 for 5 litres. I just have not followed up with the caller because of other activities, but I find it difficult to believe considering the price of Ivomec at UFA. It is definitely interesting. Has anyone come across this. If so what is your experience?

Comment

Have heard that the price for this Iveron (hope spelling is right) was $63.00 per 5 litre jug. This was at at a store in Havre Montana. They said it had the same ingrredients as Ivomec.

Comment

Sorry that price was $63.00 american.

Comment

Could someone out there tell me WHY the various cattleman's groups are wanting to take Canadian access to "cheaper ivermectin" away from us? Is it a real issue, or are they in bed with the Big Boys of the Ivomec manufacturers?

Comment

Could someone out there tell me WHY the various cattleman's groups are wanting to take Canadian access to "cheaper ivermectin" away from us? Is it a real issue, or are they in bed with the Big Boys of the Ivomec manufacturers?

Comment

I have talked with 2 suppliers one in Montana and one in Ontario.
                Product is the same, use the same amount, %age of active ingredient is the same. Bringing it across the line is simple, just pay the GST and declare for own use.

Talked with a vet (which I do respect and has found me other discounts on products before!) and he had 2 cautions:
                1) The "effecity"(sp) or the length of time the product will work for is supposedly about 1/2 with the generic brand (instead of 30 days it only continues to kill the lice, etc for 15)
                2) THe way the product is shipped in the clear plastic containers, also shortens the life span of the product. Supposedly the light breaks down the active ingredient and that in turn weakens the product.

I am going to order a bottle off of Ebay (the Ontario supplier) first to do 70 calves and see how it works before ordering enough for the 300 cows. Would make a trip to the US and buy direct from the Montana distributor as it is cheaper than the Ebay store one.

Let you know once I get a bottle...

Comment

Went to Montanna beginning of Nov. to get generic ivomec worked out to $75 Canadian for 5 litres. (plus pay the GST at the border)
                  Took two other producers with me, and we had a combined savings of over 12 thousand dollars.
                  Our vet's comments on the situation was who wouldn't go get this product as it is only good business to do so.
                  The product is equal strength so an equal dosage will do the same job as product up here. An exposed clear bottle cloud reduce strength, but the bottles are so well boxed the product is not exposed to any sunlight
                  anyways.
                  It is the easiest money one will make or save in the cattle business so go for a drive.

Comment

I just received my Western Ranch Supply flyer in the mail- they are advertising Ivermectin at $63 US...They do deliver to anywhere along the south side of the border....

Comment

willowcreek

Comment

Willowcreek

where is western ag. supply at, and yes we have a van load heading to Havre next week to get some iveron. Hope this will shake up the companies up here to start to compete. Sure burns me to see this much spread between here and the U.S.

Comment

Gordie- Western Ranch Supply is in Great Falls and Billings...They have a route man go around the state once a month and deliver- everything from vaccines to gates to complete chutes and tub systems..If you are north of Havre you would be in the Great Falls area- my rep out of Billings will be along the eastern MT highline the week of Nov 14th- 18th...I know last time he was in town, he met several Canadians in Opheim, who picked up Ivomec from him..

If you are going to Havre, you are probably getting it from the Big R store--They will have it for about the same price...In fact last winter the Big R in Billings had it on sale and were the cheapest around- about $90 a jug- so you can see the price came down and is still coming down.......

www.westernranchsupply.com

Comment

Willowcreek

Thanks for the web site will check it out. I thought I would never buy from the US but its funny how saving a few (sorry more than) a few dollars would change my mind. Will try this Iveron and see. Sure makes you mad that here in Canada companies selling this stuff have no problem sticking it to us. Will see if the border gets closed to doing this stuff or a big duty being put on it.

Comment

I wonder if the price spread is companies ripping off the Canadian producer or the Canadian federal regulations? The difference in what chemical companies have to go through here to get a product on the shelf and what they do in the USA is like night and day! Completely different set of rules?
                              I don't think NAFTA is ever going to work properly until both countries get on the same page when it comes to licensing and regulating products? They need to become harmonized, so there won't be these problems?
                              It is unfortunate that Americans and Canadians can't understand the concepts of free trade? A typical example would be the garbage happening with the cattle business? It should be considered one herd and there should be no restrictions on movement of cattle or beef? To do that we need the USDA and the CFIA to become one agency!
                              I also believe we need a common currency and a joint effort of establishing fiscal policy? If you want real free trade you basically have to merge all your institutions? That is unlikely to happen though as we have "protectionists" on both sides of the border.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...