• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABP Zone Meetings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABP Zone Meetings

Does anyone know when the ABP Zone meetings are scheduled. I checked their website and couldn't find any info. I hope that they get the word out soon, so people can put it on the calendar and get out to support the delegates they feel will best serve the industry.

Zone 6 meetings have been scheduled. I hope they are published soon. As of now this is the info I have. Personally I would look forward to seeing as many of you as possible. Zone 6 has a reputation of being involved and generally producers turn out and are vocal about their concerns and expectations of ABP. Talk to your neighbors! We still have some difficulties in the cattle business.

All meetings start at 6:00 with complimentary Beef on a Bun

October 25th 6:00 pm. Breton Community Hall, Topic: Mandatory Age Verification
    October 26th 6:00 pm. Lakedell Ag. Community Hall, Speaker Anne Dunford, CANFAX
    October 27th.6:00 pm. Camrose Regional Exhibition, Topic: Beef Commercialization/ Utilization of OTM

Comment

Is there going to be an election in Zone 6?

Comment

thanks pandiana, I am ensuring that all my neighbours; the local Ag Service Board etc. know the dates for the meetings in this zone.
        I would suggest that the topic at the Camrose meeting should attract a lot of interest.

Comment

Unfortunately, there are no contestors for Zone 6 seats that I am aware of. Not that there are not good people running, but an election would at least indicate an interest by those most affected by what ABP does.

Comment

I have really given up on second guessing the results of the elections in zone 6 . Some good people have run in the past and not got anywhere, while some of the elected delegates are wannabe's in my opinion. Don't know if this holds true for other zones or not.

Comment

I have no clue what zone I live in and quite frankly I doubt anyone in my area even cares! The ABP is viewed basically by most cattlemen, in my area, as about as useful as the IRS! Just another parasite!
              Sorry to bring reality to you but I would be totally surprized if you got 1% of producers out to the zone meetings? Kind of tells you how it is?

Comment

Actually, I won't even be there myself this year, I usually make a point of going but will be in Saskatoon at a conference at that time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...