• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

China?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China?

Apparently one of the reasons for the visit by the Chinese leader last week was they want our oil? It could be a fairly lucrative deal?
    Now I wonder if Martin was willing on this issue?
    It would be helpful if he could have said " Sure we'll see what we can do to supply your oil market....oh and by the way...we sure have some good beef here looking for a home!" I wonder if it ever crossed his mind?
    China wants our oil. How about our beef? Could our government link the two? Like hey we'll sell you some oil but we need a sweetheart deal on our beef...and for that matter our grain and maybe some soft wood lumber!
    We can sell oil anywhere but nobody seems to want our ag products? How about making oil sales conditional on an agreement for other products? Sort of a "one hand washes the other" type of deal?
    I wonder if that sort of thing ever passed through Pauls mind?

Paul's too busy smilin' for the cameras to do the thinking.But I think you have a great philosophy there.We should have some conditions apply and some connections between industries and marketing options .Make things work to our advantage for a change.An odd mix of agree/disagree ,aren't we.

Comment

Well, the Canuck gumint gives good ole China more than a million dollars of financial aide every month - we'd just be getting some of our money back.

I figure we MAKE the deal - ag products, oil, soft wood lumber and we keep our aide money to boot.

They have a space program, nuke weapons program, ultra modern navy and air force as well as the worlds largest (certainly in the top 5) standing army.

Their economy is growing in double digits and their economy dwarfs ours.

Perhaps they should buy from us AND give us financial aide!

Bez

Comment

Let me correct my own post - the Canuck guvmint gives good ole China more than a million dollars of financial aide PER WEEK!

Bez

Comment

See: http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/07/23/china-aid050723.html

Comment

Foreign aid has always been a scandal, in my opinion. It has done more to keep ruthless butchers in power than any other thing!
            I suspect, when all is said and done, foreign aid is probably more about lining some Quebec pockets with taxpayers money than any feeling of mercy for the starving masses in some God forsaken hole!
            Even a lot of charities are nothing more than scams to rip off the unsuspecting do gooder. A classic example is the World Order of Churches which financed(supposedly unknowingly) the revolution in Mozambique, where thousands of innocents were slaughtered by "freedom fighters"! By the way the WOC contains RCs, Anglicans, Prespryterians etc. in fact just about every major Christian church in Canada!
            I find it rather disgusting that the Canadian government takes my tax dollars and gives it to murderers to continue their grisly trade, while the homeless freeze in Alberta. Pretty sick?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...