• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does R-CALF have money to burn?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does R-CALF have money to burn?

In the paper yesterday there was an article that R-CALF is asking the Apellate court to have another look at their decision that threw out Cebulls' ban on live Canadian cattle! Bullard was quoted as saying the three judges obviously didn't know what they were doing...I guess only R-CALF knows?
    Now I would assume this will cost them some money? Lawyers don't usually work for free?
    The article also quoted various Canadian and American experts and they basically all agreed R-CALF didn't have a snowballs chance in Hell of getting this decision overturned!
    Does R-CALF have so much money they can afford to waste it? Maybe they will have to get the boys to donate a few more calves...how dumb is that? Or maybe their friends like, PETA or Earth First are helping them out?
    I said it before and I'll say it again...the CCA should be suing these guys for slandering our product! Get them bankrupt before they can continue trying to destroy us with their lies and anti-beef messages? We've be way to easy on this radical group?

Perhaps that is a suggestion for ABP at the zone meetings this fall cowman.

Comment

This was not unexpected. R-CALF is pretty much a "one trick pony' aren't they? If they can't get the border closed again, what else do they have to sell?

Comment

I agree with you cowman .They need to be dealt with.They will always be a threat to Canadian cattlemen.

Comment

Frenchman: It always amazes me how the leaders of R-CALF can get sane cattlemen to donate a steer for their auctions? I would really be surprized if anyone is dumb enough to continue to donate now...when they have lost in a big way?
          The really sad thing about R-CALF is they could have been a very positive force for the voice of the cow/calf producer, both in the USA and Canada? We obviously share a lot of the same concerns? The concentration of packers, as well as feedlots? The obvious lack of government support for our industry...not talking money here...but things like allowing garbage beef into our markets, the downloading of food safety onto the primary producer, all kinds of trade/environment/food safety issues etc.?
          Instead of reaching out to the cow/calf producer in Canada they chose to take the LOW road and just focus on protectionism? They chose to beat up their ally...the Canadian cow/calf producer?
          If that is how the game is going to be played, then what do we owe them? They have "stolen" how many dollars out of our pocket?
          Emerald: As you know I have absolutely NO faith in the ABP? They are quite literally part of the problem...not the solution! They are simply just one more government sponsored part of the problem...just another unecessary cost of doing business!

Comment

And isn't it amazing how they have totally forgotten that AMERICA HAS BSE too!!!!

Earth to R-Calf... Earth to R-Calf... duh....

Comment

cowman wrote..Frenchman: It always amazes me how the leaders of R-CALF can get sane cattlemen to donate a steer for their auctions? I would really be surprized if anyone is dumb enough to continue to donate now...when they have lost in a big way?

Hee hee you forget who you are dealing with here..These guys ain,t rocket scientists..

They have a lot to gain by ignoring their testing problems and focusing on harassing Canadian cattlemen

Comment

Consider the Japanese governments position? Here they are trying to convince the Japanese consumer that North American beef has all the safeguards in place to resume imports. The pressure of trade retaliation is pushing them to find a solution? Then along comes R-CALF spouting off that American beef is unsafe and the USDA is totally controlled by big packing interests that have no problem breaking every food safety rule in the book!
                How smart is this? You slander your own product...to keep out a very small number of imports to your own country? Less than 5% of total production?
                I guess they figure they don't need the Asian market or what?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...