• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R CALF

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do we keep talking about Canadian beef in the first place.

Canadians sell cattle to American companies, and they in turn sell beef.

It just so happens that these American companies are located on Canadian soil.

Bark all you want about COOL and BSE Oldtimer and Haymaker, your stategy is flawed. If you want to battle the packers, then by all means BATTLE THE PACKERS. But quit trying to convince anyone up here, or anywhere in the world for that matter, that you are anything but fearful of competition and protectionist in nature.

I will not argue that we need to do something about the power and control the Cargill and Tyson weild, but the border to Canada will not help the cause. In fact the fight has HELPED these two on both sides of the border.

Find another route boys. Build your own plants, or damn well help us build ours.

Comment

I believe the canadian cattle man needs to decide who he is gonna partner with,packers or the "US" cattle man.All this "BS" strategic alliance,farm to fork,ranch to rail,is nothing but a shell game,where packers will give you 15 cents more of a dollar that they beat your neighbor out of.All these captive supply games are damn old down here,packers dont use captive supplies to be efficent,so they can pay more for your cattle,they use them to play hard ball in the cash market,..........figure out how to partner with your neighbors to the south,take your industry back so you will have something to leave your children...............good luck

Comment

I could not agree more. Canadian producers do need to partner with the U.S. cattlemen. But at least from our side of the border R-Calf seems to be moving in the other direction and as Rkaiser points out helping the packers by doing so.

Comment

I could not agree more. Canadian producers do need to partner with the U.S. cattlemen. But at least from our side of the border R-Calf seems to be moving in the other direction and as Rkaiser points out helping the packers by doing so.

well you can thank the "cca" for that,I asked why it was so hard to partner with the canadians and was told flat out that the "CCA"had no interest in meeting with R CALF,things may have changed by now since CCA's partner the ncba is getting weaker every day,I hope you men get some cattle mans group that will point you in the right direction,get some packer laws on the books,I know we need these packers,I also know they will rob you blind given half a chance,I think we can agree on that point...........good luck

Comment

Have you ever sold cattle on the rail there Haystack-you're a wandering a bit far from your old nest at Ranchers.net-trying to find some fresh ears for your R-Calf rhetoric. Any Canadian cattleman dumb enough to fall for Leo's lies probably deserves to go broke-in my experience I've taken a way worse hooking at the salebarn than I ever did selling finished cattle on a grid.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...