• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dauphin cow plant

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dauphin cow plant

does any body know if the ranchers choice plant in dauphin manitoba has turned any sod yet

I was wondering about that plant too? I thought the Manitoba government basically bankrolled the whole thing so it should be a go? I think they finally scrapped the idea of moving the actual building?
    I caught a little blurb that the plant at Spruce Grove was actually going ahead and they were starting construction? Don't know if this is true or not as they have a tendency to exagerate a bit? I talked to one of the promoters at an ag function early this spring and it was all roses! However later I learned the guy basically didn't know what he was talking about....but he sure could have been a good used car salesman!

Comment

They had the sod turning for the Acheson ( Spruce Grove ) plant on August 26th. Scheduled to take cattle within a year.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how they do since by then surely the cull cow trade with the US will be in full swing? It will also be interesting to see if the investors will support their own plant or take the American money and run?
        I wonder if this plant will be able to make it?

Comment

Cow trade looks to have strengthened a bit this week-up to .42 up here and there's a fair amount of freight to kill floor.

Comment

No sod turned as of yet but it is still a go.They are looking into bio-digesters and waste water treatment systems right now.There was also a little glitch with the securities commision but everything is all cleared up now.

Comment

These horrific gas prices just may help keep cattle in Canada as well.

If it's not one thing, it's another.....

Comment

The water issue with the city of Calgary may hold up the plant Prices are building. Hopefully that gets sorted out .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...