• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R-Calf continues

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT..After you've been in the cow business a few years Frenchman, you will realize that much of the entire cattle industry is tied around "speculation".

And some of those that have "speculated" quite successfully for 40-50 years are the ones I like to listen to and continue learning from......

Frenchman...Thats a laugh..Dick..The point is do you know what you are talking about..?I was talking about your speculation.

Where is the huge market crash you forecasted?

Hmmm

Comment

frenchman- like I said before - if the border opens to OTM beef or God forbid cattle of all ages- we will again be seeing culls in the $20-30 range again which will mean a 10-20% drop in many outfits incomes- then with the unsettled Japanese and Asian export market- which was not helped by the failure of all Canadas high faluting supposedly infalible ID system (LOL) and USDA's normal screwup by their packer bought "stooges" which allowed in OTM cattle- there will still be unsettled times to come-- Come about spring when everything comes together...

Comment

WillowCreek: "The failure of the infalible CDN ID system"???
        WHat do you mean by this?

If you mean the age of the 1 hiefer(31 months)coming across, has nothing to do with the ID System. Birthdates were not recorded in the database until this year, so doesn't factor into at all.

I would be asking you, how would you ever trace an unbranded calf that comes into a 125,000 head feedlot and then turns up with TB or the like, where it needs to trace back to herd of origin??? You would never get it done, just like that Texas cow, you guys weren't sure what color it was for the longest time, nevertheless who's herd it came from.

Comment

not to mention nobody has bothered to trace back the Texas cows calves or other herd mates because for the most part they have no way of doing so.

All the Canadian bashing and for that matter US bashing isn't going to put more dollars in any of our pockets, and likely isn't going to change the way some organizations feel.

It does sound as though our government has some small fire built under them regarding the soft wood lumber issue, will see what comes of it !!

Comment

cattleman2--Believe me it has been done before using sales receipts and everything you can get your hand on- including profiling and genetic testing...But that is why a standard ID system makes things easier...Most feeders are already using a tagging system matching tags with purchase records when the cattle come in- brands just add a permanent ID to go along with the tags and paper trail..

One question I do have tho- Does any of these CFIA and USDA people even know what a cow is? Now its confirmed the load of cattle not only contained an over thirty month, but had 8 pregnant cows...Looks a little lax to me. Border has only been open less than 2 months and its been screwup after screwup....And again Japan is questioning it all!!!!!!

Comment

frenchman- like I said before - if the border opens to OTM beef or God forbid cattle of all ages- we will again be seeing culls in the $20-30 range again which will mean a 10-20% drop in many outfits incomes- then with the unsettled Japanese and Asian export market-

Ot more speculation on your part the sky is falling.

frenchman..which was not helped by the failure of all Canadas high faluting supposedly infalible ID system (

Ot ..

Failure what a laugh...Lets have all the U.S cattleman apply brands..lets see 800,000 cattlemen..800,000 brands.

But wait in some states like Texas people can have the same brand as their neighbour in a different county.

Regardless of the I.D its only as honest as the person appling it Or their record -keeping.

Comment

I guess I would ask what is the big deal here? We are only a short time away from opening the border to OTM animals anyway? And in fact it should have been opened the day when the US slipped up and let the positive cow through the system?
                Willowcreek: Wake up! You have BSE...PERIOD! Please pull your head out of the sand and deal with it? It is pretty common knowledge you have had it for quite sometime? A group of American vets have virtually admitted it.
                These silly little games and questioning the safety of a 31 month old feeder do nothing except undermine the consumer confidence of the North American product! R-CAL lost...get used to it!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...