• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Market Prices-What Happened?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Prices-What Happened?

Does anyone know what is going on with live cattle prices. According to the ABP market report we are back to pre open border prices. Rail prices have lost between 10-15 cents since mid week, live steer prices are down, bull prices were 45 cents mid week now 29 cents. CME futures went up 2 cents starting a week ago and lost it all yesterday and today.

I am so no expert on this sort of thing f-s, I guarantee you would know more than me...
    Absolutly EVERYONE I have talked to can't get their animals to sale fast enough.
    Sell offs in droves at least that's the impression I'm getting. Would a lot of cattle comeing to market have this kind of price effect. The Atkins diet is done in the states and most of them won't be able to feed the thousands already across due to drought in the Midwest.
    Just a hunch. Just too many cattle equals too low a price.
    Hope you were one that got 'em moved while they were up last week. Have a good night all.

Comment

Sorry if I panicked anyone. The ABP has mistakenly posted a market report from Friday May 24, 2005. Sure gave me a scare.

Comment

Whiteface: I did sell a few head earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised with the prices. Much nicer than the surprise I got tonight.

Comment

Check out www.teamauctionsales.com and see the prices the feeders brought on the sale today..... they sold real well

Comment

Glad to hear that prices are okay. I too, let some go last week and was shocked to say the least. It's been a long time since I had anything "left over" after an auction. Have a good day all!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...