• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Tanks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Tanks

I am trying to cut the top out of large industrial mining tires to make troughs for watering cattle. The tires are radial. Thus difficult to cut with knife like may be done on regular tire.
    does anyone have experience or advise with regards to tools, blades and method to cut this material?

I think they use a sawzall tool to cut them.

Comment

I would try putting an smaller chop saw blade into an angle grinder. Likely not all that safe but just using a regular grinding wheel in the angle grinder would make allot of smoke!

Comment

One comment about tire waterers - we have one where most, but not all, of the sidewall is cut off. This leaves a thicker lip on the trough than the guys that cut the entire side wall off leaving a thinner, but tidier looking trough. Several guys have seen mine and wished they had theirs cut the same way as it looks like it will last a lot longer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...