• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Les Miserables

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Les Miserables

Remember "Les Miserables" the cow we presented to the Alberta AG minister at the NFU organised rally at the Legislature last December?
    The tale is finally coming to an end - after agreeing to donate her to the Parkland Foodbank she returned to her farm until Government officials could make arrangements to get her processed. Finally tomorrow she will be loaded to travel to Innisfail for slaughter.
    Kind of symtamatic of the whole "BSE" mess - takes 4 months to find a kill spot yet the farmer must keep and feed the animal all this time at his own expense. It also shows the Alberta Government in a poor light - treating farmer generosity and needs of the poor in this way.
    Have they learnt anything from this episode? I doubt it - still no resolve to address or even admit to there being any problems in the industry. I was struck at the Legislature by the plush surroundings and comfortable work conditions of the Government staff - very much a case of "ivory towers". I wish now we had let the cow loose in the marble hallways and allowed them to deal with the problem.

Could we expect anything different?

In any case she might have slipped on that shiny floor and hurt herself ....

Speaking of government hallways, Do you know why they have a line painted down the middle? So the employees leaving early don't collide with the one's coming in late.

I think one good solution to this whole income crisis is to only hire farmers and ranchers to administer the government programs. At least that way the money would get to where it is supposed to go.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...