• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Luck on your bull sale InAHurry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck on your bull sale InAHurry

Nice looking bulls. I wish you the best of luck.

Ya good luck from here as well. My pick of the yearlings would be 52P. Looks like you have some thickness in these boys, and it sure shows up in the 2 year olds.

Comment

Thanks Sash and rKaiser. I didn't read your message until last night but it was a morale booster none the less. It will be a sale to remember for sure. That rain/snow storm set in with a wind early Saturday morning - took us 2 hours to make the 50 mile trip home that night. They have 10 foot drifts up in the Cypress Hills, figure 2 foot on the level. Hopefully there wasn't to many ranchers right into the thick of calving up there. We didn't get that much snow here but still lost 2, a third one spent the morning on the floor boards. Power was also off from 9'ish Sat night until 2 yesterday afternoon.
      The good news from the weekend is that we had a real good sale, sure appreciated the folks that came out despite the weather. We averaged 2806 on the yrlgs and 3122 on the 2 yr olds (2915 overall). I'll be updating the bull pages with the results shortly - I'll let you know so you can have a look. Thanks again for the well-wishes.

Comment

congratulations on a good sale !! It takes good cattle and good marketing to get those numbers in today's market and rotten weather to boot !

Old Mother Nature can really put us to the test many times but the storms that hit in calving time are a real test of our resources. We got a foot of snow here just over two weeks ago, put dry bedding out in the middle of the night just to make sure that any calves outside the shelters had a dry spot to lie down. None the worse for wear thank goodness.

Comment

Thanks emrald1. Calving weather!!! Don't you just love it when the coveralls stand there all by themselves! I've chipped all the paint off the inside of my dryer from washing coveralls, buckles clanging around in there at least tell me the dryer is still running.

BTW, rkaiser & sash (or anyone interested) the sale results are posted (link on left side of this page)
          www.blackangusbulls.ca
          Hope everyone is having a successful (and uneventful) calving season

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...